Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

problem with my radius server

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  problem with my radius server

Posted Dec 15, 2011 10:11 AM

i have a strange problem on my radius server.
    The official aruba tech support cannot resolve my problem.
    And i'm stuck with my customer.

when i try to connect in active directory by radius server the client windows 7 says me :" unable to connect into "ssid name".
    and when i try to view in system log on my event viewer i can't see anything regarding IAS protocol.
    aruba tech support on phone says me the all configuration in ias and in my AP 105 is correct but still can't authenticate me.
    I tryed many differents methods without certificate request with certificate with another type of policy under ias option and now i don't have any idea why my user cannot authenticating properly.
    I followed the official guide configuring ias server for win srv 2003 from scratch with no luck.
    i have windows server 2003.
    With 8 aruba AP 105.
    All the devices are in the same subnet 192.168.16.x .

Any help is very appreciate! Thanks Community.

• 2.  RE: problem with my radius server

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 15, 2011 12:53 PM

I am assuming that you used AAA test-server under the diagnostics tab on the Aruba controller?  Is the Windows 7 device part of the domain?

• 3.  RE: problem with my radius server

Posted Dec 16, 2011 08:23 AM

i don't find AAA test-server i don't have external controller the controller in aruba instant AP105 is embedded.
    MY client test windows 7 is not in a domain .

Thanks for rapid response cjoseph.

• 4.  RE: problem with my radius server

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 16, 2011 08:32 AM

I am sorry.  I thought you had 8 AP05s and a controller.  You have 8 IAP-105s.

Log into the commandline of the IAP that the wireless device is connecting to and type "show auth-tracebuf" to see if you can see the radius conversation, so we can get a clue what is happening.