Security

last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

pushing proxy setting through Guest SSID

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  pushing proxy setting through Guest SSID

Posted Dec 13, 2011 06:02 AM

Our edge point with ISP is windows ISA server(10.10.10.10), so the user should have correct LAN setting to get internet browsing

With domain users I’ve created GPO to push the LAN setting

For the Guest users I’ve tried to do it with Guest SSID as below

Configuration > security > authentication > L3 authentication > Guest-captiveportal-profile > Proxy Server Configuration as (10.10.10.10:8080)

But the guests users does not taking this setting after connecting to Guest SSID,

Now I have to write the LAN setting manually to get internet browsing

can someone help please ?

• 2.  RE: pushing proxy setting through Guest SSID

Posted Dec 13, 2011 08:20 AM

Hi Alajeely,

I'd suggest having a look at the following post with the aim of configuring DHCP on the controller to deploy a proxy PAC file which will automatically configure your guests proxy settings.

However, this isn't a configuration I'd recommend unless there are no alternatives. Ideally I'd setup a transparent proxy then destination NAT HTTP and HTTPS traffic to the transparent proxy. This solution works with any client machine.

The above proxy PAC solution can be problematic with some browsers accepting the PAC settings and others seemingly ignoring it.

James

• 3.  RE: pushing proxy setting through Guest SSID

Posted Dec 15, 2011 12:05 AM

Hi

the first solution does not work with me, the captive porter window disrepair totally and the guest can not get it anymore.

can you give me more details about the second solution please

(Ideally I'd setup a transparent proxy then destination NAT HTTP and HTTPS traffic to the transparent proxy. This solution works with any client machine)

with steps please

Regards,

Alajeely

• 4.  RE: pushing proxy setting through Guest SSID

Posted Jan 08, 2014 03:26 PM