Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

queries for clearpass

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  queries for clearpass

Posted Apr 23, 2019 06:24 AM

Hello , We have a clearpass cluster setup - 1 publisher ,1 standdby publisher and 4 subscriber . All 6 are C3000.

I have few queries :

1) does all the boxes store logs locally ? I mean if i login to Publisher i can see the entire event tracker log . so are those logs send to Publisher or are they stored locally on each box ?

2) in theory , maximum number of simultaneous connections is 50000 per box .  so if there is an increase in load , can be add more boxes to this cluster ? Its already 1 Publisher + 5 subscriber. and how many more can be added ? is there a limit 

3) How to get notified if licence exceed? Aruba Insight reporting or anything else ?

• 2.  RE: queries for clearpass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 23, 2019 12:40 PM

Hello please find your answers line:

1. we have all the logs stored locally. we can also view the access tracker's of the subscriber nodes, from publisher too, by filtering with the subsribers IP's in the view etc.

2. So as per the latest engineering update we have tested till, 1 pub and 39 subs.. so total 40 nodes in a cluster..

3.We will get an alert on the Clearpass GUI, if your license usage exceeds.  both on the pub and the sub etc.

hope this helps..

--