Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

retracted

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  retracted

Posted Sep 14, 2018 12:43 PM

<os issues>

• 2.  RE: retracted

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 14, 2018 12:47 PM
    Drivers up to date?

• 3.  RE: retracted

Posted Sep 14, 2018 12:50 PM

<os issues>

• 4.  RE: retracted

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 14, 2018 12:52 PM
    Do you have a packet capture from the device when it's occuring?

• 5.  RE: retracted

Posted Sep 14, 2018 12:57 PM

<os issues>

• 6.  RE: retracted

Posted Oct 21, 2018 02:07 PM

We're also seen this issue as we're starting to implement Clearpass. Our customer doesn't yet have proper PKI in place, so I'm wondering if we could maybe use EAP-TTLS in the mean time? I remember that required only the server to have proper certificates?

• 7.  RE: retracted

Posted Oct 30, 2018 11:09 AM

Hi!

We are having a similar issue, but only on one site. Running 802.1x (EAP-TLS) on aruba switches.

Same client works on other sites. So I figured it was latancy or dropped packets, but it's a pretty good connection with 25ms latency. 

My packet captures show pretty much the same as yours, the client never provides it's cert. Client does ACK all the servers fragmented packets.

If you find any solutions for your problems please post :), will certanly do the same. 

Running win10 and Clearpass 6.7.3

• 8.  RE: retracted

Posted Oct 30, 2018 11:31 AM

<os issues>

• 9.  RE: retracted

Posted Oct 31, 2018 04:58 AM

Hey guys,

This is a long shot but I had a EAP timeout problem with my client in the office. No one else had this problem though.

Anyways I solved it by saying to my computer to use TLS 1.0 via editing a regfile.

I followed this guide:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3121002/windows-10-devices-can-t-connect-to-an-802-1x-environment

And set the DWORD value to 0xC0.

• 10.  RE: retracted

Posted Oct 31, 2018 05:12 AM

Hi!

Yeah I've tried that reg-entry also, didn't help me sadly.

Might help some one else here maybe.

My problem is very strange since the client does work on our main site but not on this other site. Wifi at the other site works fine tough, only getting timeout on wired 802.1x

Will check what version of OS the client is running and post.

• 11.  RE: retracted

Posted Oct 31, 2018 07:50 AM
    Had a similar (possibly same) issue. The issue was fixed after installing Microsoft Update kb4462933. https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4462933/windows-10-update-kb4462933

• 12.  RE: retracted

Posted Oct 31, 2018 11:52 AM

<os issues>

• 13.  RE: retracted

Posted Oct 31, 2018 12:04 PM

I'm on 1803 with all the latest patches(including october cumultative) and I'm still having the issue, the only difference is that it seems to be affecting mostly computers that have auto windows login enabled, all my other computers have succesfull machine auth when they get to the windows login prompt, however for the ones that log in automatically to windows I either get a timeout on clearpass or even no machine auth attempt at all, it's like the client doesn't have enough time to initiate or complete the EAP transaction when autologin is enabled

• 14.  RE: retracted

Posted Nov 14, 2018 04:48 PM

<os issues>

• 15.  RE: retracted

Posted Nov 23, 2018 04:10 AM

Hi!

In our case I discovered that the management vlan (source ip for radius on the switch) had jumbo frames enabled. I disabled jumbo frames and it started working right away.

Logical because it would affect the frames, but strange since I saw all packets arriving at the client but client never responded with Client cert. Only identity.

So I guess double check that the frames arn't affected in transport someway is a tip.

• 16.  RE: retracted

Posted May 09, 2019 02:37 PM

Hi,

I have the same issue, I try to change configuration of the TLS version on regedit and is similar.

I try to authenticate with eap-peap and working fine.

The CPPM Policy working fine with other sites, the difference is that this site contact CPPM server using IPSEC tunnel between PaloAlto and Fortigate, the other sites has IPSEC tunnel between Fortigates firewall.

Any idea?

Thanks
    Regards

• 17.  RE: retracted

Posted May 10, 2019 03:13 AM

It might be a packet fragment issue if it only affects that site.

Check if palo alto firewall allows fragment packets through the vpn.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/policy-and-access/ise-2-3-1-fragmentation-issue-eap-tls/td-p/3303539

• 18.  RE: retracted

Posted Jun 28, 2019 02:28 AM
    Hello,
    I have already solved my problem, I finally assembled a model replicating the same scenario with the same equipment and discovered that the failure was in the operator's ONT, when it establishes the IPSEC tunnel through a specific ONT model it must go down a bit the MTU and must affect the traffic that goes inside the IPSEC, it was to change the operator's ONT and everything works correctly for me.
    Now I have another problem similar but not the same, in my scenario I have 2 CPPM and the other day we simulated the fall of the principal, which was our surprise, the EAP-TLS authentications that went to the susbcriber gave timeout, we have limited the failure in the switch ( 2930M) by having two Radius servers configured since if we leave only one (regardless of which one) it works correctly. As a curiosity, if we use eap-peap it works correctly.

• 19.  RE: retracted

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 25, 2019 03:58 PM

HI @VINCE00

I would like to know if there a solution to your issue. I have the same...

Many thanks

• 20.  RE: retracted

Posted Jun 25, 2019 04:55 PM

<OS issues>

• 21.  RE: retracted

Posted Sep 16, 2019 06:54 AM

I Have the same problem, but ocasionaly, in different geographics and in specific rooms - we are using 802.1x and the EAP-TLS don't finish the authentication. 

We are still trying to catch logs from switch to radius to see what is going on.

Meanwhile the workaround finded are various, shutdown to the docking stations, remove cable from network interface and plug it again, remove cable from network interface and do the 802.1x authentication in wireless mode and back to calbe again, so we believe this is a driver bug on the interface network