Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

smarty coded CPG operator filter

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  smarty coded CPG operator filter

Posted Mar 12, 2020 07:49 AM

Hi,

I am already using "user acount filter" to make my guest operators see only but the accounts that match an static value of a field. For example, address=0. But I am trying to make it more adaptable so my operators get to see only those accounts that share their very same address.

To acomplish that I included the attribute address as %{GuestUser:address} on the operator login service at CPPM, so I get populated on CPG the entry $smarty.session.userauth_user.address with the right value.

But it does not work to use it like I would on a HTML header of any form. I typed it like this:

address={$smarty.session.userauth_user.address}

At this point the operator filter is not set to see all accounts coming from wider operators or even admin created accounts that match their address. But still nothing shows up.

I also tried without brackets unsuccessfully.

So the question is: can we use dynamic filters on "user account filters"?

Or probably should be: how can I filter all accounts on the same address as the operator?

Thanks you very much for your help and patience reading my post.

J.A.

• 2.  RE: smarty coded CPG operator filter
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 12, 2020 07:59 AM

You can send dynamic attributes for the filter using the Enforcement profile for the operator:

Screenshot 2020-03-12 at 12.58.24.png

Is it an acceptable solution for that?

• 3.  RE: smarty coded CPG operator filter

Posted Mar 12, 2020 08:01 AM

Yes! I will try it ASAP.

• 4.  RE: smarty coded CPG operator filter

Posted Mar 12, 2020 08:07 AM

It works like a charm! Thank you very much, Mr.

Is there a list of such attributes I can use? This particular one was not listed on the dropdown box when configuring the enforcement and it is not on any place I could read on the CPG docs.

• 5.  RE: smarty coded CPG operator filter

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 12, 2020 08:09 AM

You can define any attributes, also you can modify the "Guest User Repository" Source if you need to fetch another one.

• 6.  RE: smarty coded CPG operator filter

Posted Mar 12, 2020 08:19 AM

Appologies for my wording. I meant attributes such as "filter_useraccount" and "admin_privileges" on the enforcement profile at CPPM.