Security

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

staying at a hotel with lan ports and captive portal, can I hook up my IAP and use it??

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  staying at a hotel with lan ports and captive portal, can I hook up my IAP and use it??

Posted Apr 02, 2019 12:11 AM

as title says, I'm in a hotel with a lan port and would like to hook up my IAP and use my own devices, but there's a captive portal, how can I get the IAP to either authenticate or pass the auth request to a connected device?

thx..

• 2.  RE: staying at a hotel with lan ports and captive portal, can I hook up my IAP and use it??

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 02, 2019 03:56 AM

If you configure an SSID with 'virtual controller managed' IP assignment in the VLAN tab, you should be able to authenticate with one client to the captive portal and after that piggyback with your other devices on the same connection.

For such a deployment, I would convert the IAP to a standalone AP to prevent it from clustering with the hotel network in case they use Aruba Instant and have not prevented APs from being added.