Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

via fails to deliver a page after login

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  via fails to deliver a page after login

Posted Dec 23, 2018 05:05 PM
      |   view attached

I goto https://<controller-ip/via/ and receive the via login page.  I am able to present my username and password, and I know it is verifying it because if I present a wrong password the login fails.  If I present a correct password,  I'm given a broken page that looks like the attached png (since the forum won't let me upload text that has xml in it)

I believe this problem happened when we upgraded from 8.3.0.3 to 8.3.0.4, but I'm not sure as I don't load that page very often.  There is not often need after clients are provisioned.  

In addition to not providing a place to download the via, this problem seems to affect client provisioning as well.  Trying to download the profile on a newly provisioned client results in an "Invalid Credential" error.  If I try to connect to via from a client that was provisioned prior to when this error started, the connection is made successfully.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to debug this issue?

• 2.  RE: via fails to deliver a page after login

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 23, 2018 05:29 PM

Does your password have a semicolon?

• 3.  RE: via fails to deliver a page after login

Posted Dec 23, 2018 05:34 PM

Yes as a matter of fact it does.  I guess I should try a user account that has a password that doesn't contain a semicolon?  Is this a new problem that was introduced into 8.3.0.4?  Same password didn't seem to be a problem in  8.3.0.3.

• 4.  RE: via fails to deliver a page after login
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 23, 2018 05:35 PM

Fixed in 8.3.0.5

Screenshot 2018-12-23 at 16.33.50.png

• 5.  RE: via fails to deliver a page after login

Posted Dec 23, 2018 05:58 PM

Thanks you've answered my question within a couple of minutes of posting.  I have a ticket that I opened on friday and spent a couple of hours with support debugging before I declared I had chosen a day to open the ticket when I didn't have enough time available and we'd have to continue another day.

I hadn't seen that 8.3.0.5 was out yet, and I see that 8.4.0.0 is out too since the last time I looked.  I see no mention of this bug being a known issue or resolved in 8.4.0.0.  Would you expect that that means that 8.4.0.0 got the fix for this issue as well?  We have some AP-515's on order, so I'll need to move to 8.4 to suport them.  I'm contemplating whether I move to 8.3.0.5 now, and 8.4.0.x (maybe a newer release will be available by the time we recieve the 515's) as a second step, or go straight to 8.4.0.0. 

• 6.  RE: via fails to deliver a page after login

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 23, 2018 06:07 PM

It is possible the bug did not make it to the release notes in time, but I see every indication that it is fixed in 8.4.0.0. 

Just like every 0.0 release, I would wait for the first set of patches before diving into 8.4.0.0  I would go to 8.3.0.5 since it would not present you with a ton of new unknowns.

• 7.  RE: via fails to deliver a page after login

Posted May 28, 2019 03:56 PM

I held off and didn't install 8.4.0.0.  I finally this weekend installed 8.4.0.2 because we have some new AP515's that we need to start installing so we can finish installing them before our college summer break is over.  After installing 8.4.0.2 I'm seeing behavior similar to what I saw with 8.3.0.2.  My username can't log into a new via client, but was able to log into an existing one that was already set up until I deleted the profile there.  Now that computer behaves like its a new computer and I fail to authenticate successfully.  It's not a ; in the password this time, but could it be some other character?  Anyone know of an issue that is along this line for 8.4.0.2?

It's hard to be happy using VIA as our VPN solution when I need to upgrade the controller for reasons that have nothing to do with VIA and then half of the times I upgrade via breaks......actually it's more than half of the time.  Since we started using VIA I've upgraded 3 times.  The first broke it, second fixed what the first broke, and now I suspect but haven't proven yet, that upgrade #3 broke it again.