Security

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

what is the best solution to process requests to clearpass for unmanaged switches?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  what is the best solution to process requests to clearpass for unmanaged switches?

Posted Aug 26, 2015 01:41 PM

I have unmanged switch tp-link which is connected to cisco switch on 802.1x port so now what is the bets solutiion for such a deployment?

• 2.  RE: what is the best solution to process requests to clearpass for unmanaged switches?

Posted Aug 26, 2015 02:06 PM
    802.1X with Mac auth fall back

• 3.  RE: what is the best solution to process requests to clearpass for unmanaged switches?

Posted Aug 26, 2015 02:48 PM

So you said that I have to make 2 Services 1 for MAC authentication and 1 for 802.1x and on Windows Side what shall be the best configurations?

• 4.  RE: what is the best solution to process requests to clearpass for unmanaged switches?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 26, 2015 02:55 PM

It would be the same configuration as if you were using just the Cisco switch.

• 5.  RE: what is the best solution to process requests to clearpass for unmanaged switches?
    Best Answer

MVP
    Posted Aug 29, 2015 03:33 PM

The Cisco switch will more then likely do session based authentication rather than port based. 

This means for your setup that you do not have to keep in mind the unmanaged switch. As its traffic passes the cisco switch it will require that traffic to do authentication.

Your configuration (as Tim says) should only consider the Cisco switch. All clients connected to the unmaned switch will behave as if they were coonnected directly to the Cisco switch.

• 6.  RE: what is the best solution to process requests to clearpass for unmanaged switches?

Posted Dec 28, 2017 05:38 AM

Guys,

I've a problem whereby the unmanaged switch is connected to my cisco switch. if 1 user connected to the switch, the user will perform 802.1x with mac auth fallback. but if the 2nd user connected to the unmanaged switch, the 1st user will disconnected...

any idea how to solve this?