Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

wireless guest access

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  wireless guest access

Posted Jul 17, 2013 08:02 AM

hi,

I want to guest see a web page when they click the internet.

In this web page guest enter his name and his friend's mail adres who are working in our company.

When guest click submit, an e-mail is sent to his friend to accept guest to our guest wireless network.

In this e-mail, visitors name, and his friend name and a link it can be clicked by employee to allow guest.

If our employee accept guest , guest can go internet.

All of these things should be done automatically.

how can i make this thing?

thanks

• 2.  RE: wireless guest access

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 17, 2013 08:39 AM

This is not supported on the WLAN Controller by itself.  ClearPass Guest provides this advanced functionality.

• 3.  RE: wireless guest access

Posted Jul 19, 2013 09:15 AM

how can it be done with clearPass ?

I read clearPass, in that text it provides captive portal and guest type his credentials, it is not automatic.

There is someone who accept this process.

I want guest types his friend who is working in our company. and system sends mail to our employee.

employee accept this situation, we don't use any it staff.

how can make it  ?

• 4.  RE: wireless guest access

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 22, 2013 10:36 PM

This is our sponsored based guest registration with ClearPass.  On the form you will have (at a minimum)

Guest name

Guest email

Sponsor name

Sponsor email

Based on what the guest enters in the sponsor email field, that person will get an email requesting guest approval.  If approved, the guest's account is enabled and they can be sent their credentials via email or SMS.