Software Defined Networking (SDN)

New Contributor

Running Ryu application with Aruba 7024 Mobility Controller

I work at NTU, Singapore. We have developed an SDN application in RYU. Now, I want that application to run with our Aruba 7024 Mobility Controller. I know that HPE Aruba doesn't have option to install the app on it. So, may I know what is the alternative (I heard about REST API)? Kindly mention step-by-step procedure starting from scratch.

MVP Guru

Re: Running Ryu application with Aruba 7024 Mobility Controller

I have not seen RYU integration with the Aruba Mobility Controllers. At least, you cannot install anything on the 7024 mobility controller, like you cannot install anything on most of the switches.

The controller supports OpenFlow in recent firmware versions, but I'm not aware of publicly available applications around that support outside the Aruba Mobility Master that uses OpenFlow with the controllers.

What is the SDN application that you are trying to build? What should it do with the Mobility Controller?

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
New Contributor

Re: Running Ryu application with Aruba 7024 Mobility Controller

Thanks. We have developed a RYU application for managing end-to-end communication delays in industries. We already have the mentioned Aruba controller. We need to use the developed app for the existing network settings.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: