Software Defined Networking (SDN)

New Contributor

SD-Branch and L2/VLAN tunneling

Hi,

I'm working in a project where we are replacing an old RAP based branch connectivity solution with SD-Branch based system. We need to tunnel some VLANs to all branch offices, but I haven't been able to figure out how to do this.

Different subnets/VLANs per a branch location is not an option for some of our use cases. We will have also normal routing between locations, but it doesn't work with everything. With RAP I can just configure those VLANs which I need to have 'on the other side', but how it's done with SD-Branch?

Two node 7010 cluster as a VPNC and small amount of branch offices with 7005 devices. Connectivity between offices + datacenter is either MPLS or Internet, depending on the location.'

I've read through the SD-Branch Fundamentals guide, but no luck. I've tried to find information about GRE-tunnels and SD-Branch but haven't been able to figure out how it should be configured. The system is managed by Aruba Central, if that makes any difference.

So, any thoughts?

-Olli

Aruba Employee

Re: SD-Branch and L2/VLAN tunneling

with our SD-Branch solution that is managed by Aruba Central, all the branch grateways will create an overlay IPSEC tunnel through all the defined/configured uplinks to the head-end VPNCs. 

You can refer to this deisgn guide for more info.

https://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/tg/AVD_SD-Branch-Midsize-Design.pdf

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: