Software Defined Networking (SDN)

New Contributor

Virtual Mobility Controller Platform Requirements

I have lookedd all over the place and I can't find a document that clearly lays out the platform requirements (vCPU, Memory, Storage, etc.) for the various levels of the virtual mobility controllers.  Does anyone have a document that shows that information for all of the virtual models, or know where I can find it?

Highlighted
Contributor II

Re: Virtual Mobility Controller Platform Requirements

New Contributor

Hi gcullum,

The requirements are very strict and should be followed. The requirements seem rather excessive for smaller VM environments but you will start getting error messages "<routing_switch 310318> <13348> <ERRS> |routing_switch| |ofc-routing-switch| max host limit(current:3200, max:3200) reached, not learning new host (mac:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx) " in the MM logs. There is a direct tie between the license and vm requirements. 

We are currently working with TAC to determine what the actual impact is because we don't seem to be hitting that many users for us to get this message. They are also being vague about the impact. 

Thanks,Gonzalo

New Contributor

Closing the loop on this. We worked with TAC and they suggested to upgrade to the MM-VA-1K specs and the messages went away. Interestingly enough, the 'show inventory' now also shows the correct Active device type to be an MM-VA-1K.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: