Training, Certification & Career

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all

ACCA vs ACCP?

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  ACCA vs ACCP?

Posted Jul 25, 2018 09:15 PM

Hello. I just completed the ClearPass Essentials class. I'm trying to understand the difference between these two exams. It seems that on the ACCA you are tested on knowledge of a smaller number of topics ... but the Essentials class should prepare one for either one? I'm kind of wondering why one would choose the ACCA cert in that case?

• 2.  RE: ACCA vs ACCP?

Posted Jul 25, 2018 09:19 PM

It is just the competency level at which they are going to test you. If you look at Aruba certification page, they rate ACCA as a professional level and ACCP as an expert level exam (I though they should be associate and professional though). But yeah, if you think you are ready, you can take ACCP directly.

• 3.  RE: ACCA vs ACCP?

Posted Jul 26, 2018 09:27 AM

Thank you for your help, Jay. So let me ask you this. Being new to ClearPass ... which one would I want to take? What means more (as an HPE/Aruba partner btw) to clients, to Aruba? I would think that while I have had the material for both, the likelihood of passing the ACCA is higher. Would an "associate" be looked upon differently? I'm thinking that whether a client sees "associate" or "professional" isn't going to make a heck of a lot of difference, no?

• 4.  RE: ACCA vs ACCP?

Posted Jul 26, 2018 11:34 PM

So if you ask my opinion, I would prefer ACCP everytime over ACCA. I have same thought for ACMA/ACMP.

I did ACMA as it was part of mobility bootcamp at that time but never bothered to go for ACCA.

If we talk in a familiar cert terms, I see it as choosing one between CCNA and CCNP. Also, if you wannt to progress in your cert path, you will need ACCP as a prerequisite for ACCX, which indeed is a mighty cert to have!

• 5.  RE: ACCA vs ACCP?

Posted Jul 04, 2020 03:14 AM

Hello is it mandatory to go for Acca before writing accp? I did compete 5 day instructor lead course. Can I take directly ACCP, please advise 

• 6.  RE: ACCA vs ACCP?

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jul 04, 2020 04:07 AM