Training, Certification & Career

Upcoming community maintenance Oct. 27th through Oct. 29th
For more info click here
Highlighted
All-Decade MVP 2020

Re: ACCP code level change

Hi Chris,

I saw it mentioned in another post that the ACCP v6 has been released on the Pearson-Vue website. Could you point out where we can download the study guide for this test? I checked on the website:

http://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/training-top/certification/

And it still mentions references the 5.x ACCP test.

Thanks for your help!

-Mike 

Highlighted

Study guide is in process.  Hope to turn it over to Marketing for formatting and posting in the next couple days.

--
Christopher Leach - CISSP, ACDX, ACMX
Director, Training and Certification
Highlighted
MVP

Hi,

I was just curious if there was anything specific that should be read when considering the topics in the Study Guide.

Is there recommended reading? Or just stuff like the configuration guides that are available and then working with the CPPM itself?

Thank you,

Cheers

Highlighted

Well, the recommended prep for ACCP is to take the ClearPass Essentials Training Class.  Outside of that then you are correct.  View the study guide and become familiar with the topics listed through a combination of user guides and experience with the product.

--
Highlighted
MVP

Thanks @cleach!

I wasn't aware that there was a ClearPass Essentials Training Class.

I will take a look. Thank you!

Highlighted
Contributor II

Hi Christopher!

Any news on the study guide? I'm scheduled for exam on thursday :)

Best regards,

Chris

Highlighted
All-Decade MVP 2020

I took the new ACCP test this morning and passed it. I've been working on a bunch of Clearpass installs over the past few months and found the material to be very fair and straightforward. I'm used to vendor tests where they try to give you the shaft by testing you on an obscure note that's found in the footer of an even more obscure doc. It was nice to sit thorugh the ACCP and feel that it was based on actual troubleshooting and deployment scenarios.

I did **bleep** the bed on the Airgroup section, but I've only seen that done once, so what are you going to do.

-Mike

Highlighted
Contributor II

Hi Mike!

That's nice to hear, congratulations! I've been working in some Clearpass installations also and deployed Guest and Onboard in different variations. I've just got back from the Clearpass partner bootcamp where we touched a little bit about everything.

Do you have any words of advice on what to read for the test? Since the study guide's still missing that would be very appreciated. 

Thanx,

Chris

Highlighted
All-Decade MVP 2020

Chris,

I attended the online Clearpass Essentials class and also the Advanced Clearpass training, which really helped. I would make sure that you understand how to achieve all of the goals from the 5.x study guide in 6.x. Next, I would make sure you understand how enforcement profiles and policies are defined, how to put together a service definition, and the mechanics of OnGuard and OnBoard.

It sounds like to me that your real world experience will help you win the day. Best of luck!

-Mike

Highlighted

ACCP v6.0 study guide is now up!

Direct link:

http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/education/SG_ACCP.pdf

Also from the certification page:

http://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/training-top/certification/

--