Training, Certification & Career

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all

ACCX Study

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  ACCX Study

Posted Dec 16, 2015 04:30 PM

Hi guys,

I recently learned that ACCX exam is available and i'm looking forward to it. Anyone tried/passed it so far ?

It would be cool to share great articles/videos and share advanced knowledge of Clearpass.

• 2.  RE: ACCX Study

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 02, 2016 08:24 AM

The exam definitely requires extensive hands-on experience with ClearPass in large environments. The study guide is accurate.

• 3.  RE: ACCX Study

Posted Feb 02, 2016 08:38 AM
    Thank you Tim, i'm lucky since I work 40hrs a week with a worldwide Clearpass deployment of 1publisher and 4 suscribers. Within the study guide, I was wondering about the cisco part, what topics are covered mostly ?

• 4.  RE: ACCX Study

Posted Mar 20, 2016 11:57 AM

the guide mentions two areas:

Cisco Controller Employee & Guest

Cisco Switch/Wired network

so that firstly means being able to do your general dot1x and guest access, but then with cisco wireless.

next to that your general dot1x and mac auth on cisco switch, sometimes called NAC.

im afraid that more then that information comes close to violation exam rules.

this is going to be tricky for my preperation as i don't have any cisco wlc to play with. so dependent on guides im afraid.

did you find any specific documentation overclock, im certainly going to dive in the tech notes and also some of the previously posted guides on airheads.

• 5.  RE: ACCX Study

Posted Mar 20, 2016 01:47 PM

On my side I found this one was great for cisco wired nac 
    http://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/tkb@tkb/223/1/Cisco%20Switch%20Setup%20with%20CPPM-v1.2.pdf

this video is also good but not for cisco tho : 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVUUE59ptPI

If you're interested, I have a CPPM vm + Cisco 3560G switch + Cisco WLC 2500 and a Cisco Aironet AP in my lab @ home. PM me and I can set you a VPN access to it on my lab access server !

• 6.  RE: ACCX Study

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 20, 2016 02:46 PM

Be sure to look at the breakdown of points. (You can pass without knowing any cisco ;) )

• 7.  RE: ACCX Study

Posted Sep 06, 2016 02:20 PM

Were in Frankfurt is the lab exam held, by the way?

Couldn't get any information so far.