Training, Certification & Career

last person joined: yesterday 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all

ACMP Exam

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  ACMP Exam

Posted Nov 22, 2011 11:57 AM

I want to start exam preparation of ACMP.  Please share you experience.

Aruba User Guide 5.0 is enough for preparation, Is there anyother material required to succesfully pass the exam. Please share if any,

Current ACMP Exam conducted on Aruba OS 5.0 or on Aruba 6.1. Please clarify this confusion.

• 2.  RE: ACMP Exam

Posted Nov 22, 2011 12:16 PM

I haven't taken the ACMP yet.  I'm hoping to take it next week but here is what I know.  There is an official course that will prepare you for the ACMP:

http://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/training-top/training/aruba-mobility-bootcamp

The 5.0 Study Guide is dated but will give you an idea of what is on the exam.  Based on the information that was covered in the class you could see questions on the newer products that are not covered under the 5.0 study guide (Airwave, S3500, etc) in addtion to the ArubaOS topics that are covered in the study guide.  I hope this helps.  

• 3.  RE: ACMP Exam

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 22, 2011 12:57 PM

I can't believe they still haven't updated it to the 6.x exam. I'm scheduled to take mine on Monday and have to study old hardware like an SC1 and AP-61.

I was putting off taking it as long as possible, hoping for a 6.x exam. Now I have to dig around and find the data sheets on that old hardware.

Oh well.

• 4.  RE: ACMP Exam

Posted Nov 22, 2011 03:58 PM

We will be releasing ACMP 6.1 soon.  It is in final QA.

We recommend anyone who took the Bootcamps for AOS 6.0 or earlier to take ACMP 5.0. (As you observed, there is no ACMP 6.0)  The ACMP 6.1 exam includes new topics such as S3500 basics, Visual RF Plan, and Spectrum analysis.  If you are comfortable with those topics, then you may want to take the 6.1 version when it is released. Otherwise, ACMP 5.0 would probably be better.

An ACMP 6.1 study guide will be published soon as well.

Kevin

• 5.  RE: ACMP Exam

Posted Nov 28, 2011 05:23 PM

I passed my ACMP 5.0 test this morning. I studied the course books from AOS 5.0 for IAW/PTT and SWDI. I would highly encourage anyone going to test to be very familiar with all that is in these books as well as the ACMP 5.0 study guide.

Best of luck!

• 6.  RE: ACMP Exam

Posted Nov 28, 2011 05:45 PM

Congratulations on passing ACMP!  When will you be taking ACMX?  :manhappy:

• 7.  RE: ACMP Exam

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 28, 2011 05:59 PM
    Congrats! I passed mine as well this morning!

• 8.  RE: ACMP Exam

Posted Nov 29, 2011 10:45 AM

Great news!

• 9.  RE: ACMP Exam

Posted Nov 29, 2011 03:59 PM

@TrainerGuy If things keep going strong I may look at pursing the ACMX next year. I was going to try for my CWNA first though.

• 10.  RE: ACMP Exam

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 29, 2011 04:01 PM

@jp_stokes wrote:

@TrainerGuy If things keep going strong I may look at pursing the ACMX next year. I was going to try for my CWNA first though.

I am doing the same. I got the books with the free test coupon for my CWNA already.

• 11.  RE: ACMP Exam

Posted Dec 06, 2011 05:45 AM

CWNA is a great asset to your certification portfolio.  Understanding the CWNA concepts can only be a good thing.  Good luck on it!

As a side note, a number of our instructors are also certified CWNA instructors.

Kevin

• 12.  RE: ACMP Exam

Posted Dec 08, 2011 05:31 PM

I just bought the CWNA book (Coleman and Westcott) and there is no Coupon. Did you happen to buy a different book? What other resources would you say are worth studying? I read through some of the 802.11-2007 standard back in school, and have up to my ACDX(going to try for MX next year). The part which has me most worried is the RF math and theory. Dont have much experience on that side of things.

-ELiasz

• 13.  RE: ACMP Exam

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 09, 2011 07:18 AM
    I bought mine directly from the CWNP website. There is a package that includes a coupon for a free CWNA test.