Training, Certification & Career

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Dictionary Flash Cards

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Aruba Dictionary Flash Cards

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 08, 2018 07:11 PM

Want to learn 477 Aruba terms and definitions? I pulled this from the 8.2 Web version of the user guide and created these flashcards.

https://quizlet.com/_4f8o7m

Capture.PNG

• 2.  RE: Aruba Dictionary Flash Cards

Posted Feb 09, 2018 04:23 AM
    Bookmarked! Thanks for putting this together, must have taken some time.

• 3.  RE: Aruba Dictionary Flash Cards

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 09, 2018 02:47 PM

I noticed on the glossary tab of the ArubaOS 8.2 Web user guide that it clearly listed many (477 or so) terms and definitions. I thought these could make great study material. 

• I had to first click each one of them and open the tab to show the definition of the glossary/dictionary term. 
    • After the items were expanded, I grabbed the source code of the glossary html element that contained everything within.
    • I took the data into Dreamweaver (adobe product for webdev)
    • I knew to get the data into a proper csv format for Quizlet I had to do some data manipulation.
    • I couldn't add in commas to be the delimiter because some definitions had commas within them. I chose to use Tabs
    • I replaced certain repeated <div> containers before the "term" with (^P) Linebreaks 
    • I replaced other certain repeated <div> containers between term and definition with (^T) Tabs
    • Deleted all other Styling and HTML 
    • Copied text pasted into text editor and saved as a CSV
    • Uploaded to Quizlet

I had to snip out about 10 or so messed up lines. But was able to make 477 awesome flash cards. :-)