Training, Certification & Career

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all

Does completion of ACDX renew my ACMP?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Does completion of ACDX renew my ACMP?

Posted Dec 02, 2013 07:31 AM

Hi!

My ACMP is reaching its end and I am looking at ACMX but to avoid any stress I'm considering taing ACDX first. Will a successfull ACDX exam renew my ACMP?

Thanx,

Chris

• 2.  RE: Does completion of ACDX renew my ACMP?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 02, 2013 09:33 AM

no...I don't believe it does

• 3.  RE: Does completion of ACDX renew my ACMP?

Posted Dec 02, 2013 09:35 AM

Ok, thanx. But ACMX does and doesn't expire atm, does it?

Best regards,

Chris

• 4.  RE: Does completion of ACDX renew my ACMP?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 09, 2014 06:43 AM

Hi Mewn

All technical certifications (ACMA, ACMP, ACDX, ACMX) are valid for 3 years- after they expire a recertification is required.

Hope this helps

Cristina

• 5.  RE: Does completion of ACDX renew my ACMP?

MVP
    Posted Jan 15, 2014 06:19 AM

is there now a renew cert available for ACMX then?

I was informed this wasn't available yet so it was for unlimited duration untill you guys made up the renew procedure for it and when that happened people would get half a year to renew their certs.

Not sure where I got this from though.

• 6.  RE: Does completion of ACDX renew my ACMP?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 17, 2014 04:18 AM

Hi Koen

Since ACMX/ ACDX did not have a recertification exam the idea was to extend their validity for 6 months until the exams will be released.

At the moment we have the ACMX (but noe the ACDX) recertification exam available through PearsonVue.

You just need to buy the PearsonVue recertification exam voucher and take the exam.

Let me know if that helps

Thanks

Cristina

• 7.  RE: Does completion of ACDX renew my ACMP?

Posted Jan 24, 2014 02:37 PM

ACDX does not technically renew your ACMP.  ACDX (and ACMX) are higher level certs and superscede the lower level certs (ACMA and ACMP).  Only your highest level cert in each category matters.

• 8.  RE: Does completion of ACDX renew my ACMP?

Posted Jan 28, 2014 11:00 AM

How do I know if I am still able to take the ACMX recert exam? I wasn;t inform that there is an ACMX recert until now that I read the forum. Any advise what to prepare beside the Airwave, Controller, IAPs and switches.

Gordon

• 9.  RE: Does completion of ACDX renew my ACMP?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 29, 2014 03:05 AM

Hi Gordon

You will have 6 months to renew your ACMX certification, thus until June 2014.

You may renew through an ACMX recertification exam published with PearsonVue at http://pearsonvue.com/aruba/. 

The PearsonVue exam code is ACMX-Rv6.1.

Taking the PearsonVue recertification exam does not certify anyone without a current ACMX certification. 

It is only valid for current certification holders wishing to extend their certification another three years. 

The certification will then be extended for three years beyond the renewal exam pass date.

Cristina

• 10.  RE: Does completion of ACDX renew my ACMP?

Posted Jan 31, 2014 01:43 PM

Thanks will go ahead and book my exam soon.

• 11.  RE: Does completion of ACDX renew my ACMP?

Posted Sep 10, 2014 12:15 PM

BTW for the recert which version of Instant are they testing?

• 12.  RE: Does completion of ACDX renew my ACMP?

Posted Sep 10, 2014 09:43 PM

We only track the highest level of certification that you achieve for a particular certification path.  Because ACDX is higher within the mobility certification track, it is not necessary to renew the ACMP certification.

Instant is not included in  ACDX version 6.1.  A future version of the exam will.  We will be releasing information on the ACDX 6.3 exam soon.  In the meantime, here is a reference guide for ACDX 6.1

http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/education/SG_ACDX.pdf

Hope that helps,

Kevin