Training, Certification & Career

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all

Home lab, Aruba Instant AP or mobility controller

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Home lab, Aruba Instant AP or mobility controller

Posted Aug 16, 2018 09:04 AM

Looking for an easy on my wallet solution for certification training.  Controllers are expensive when you add licensing cost.  So I was wondering how close is the Aruba Instant AP to a mobility controller.  Can the AP give me the same type of training when it comes to setting up user roles, authentication, captive portal? 

• 2.  RE: Home lab, Aruba Instant AP or mobility controller
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 16, 2018 09:58 AM

Hello,

If you are training for a mobility controller exam, using instant AP's isn't really a viable way of going about it.

The structure and hierarchy are pretty much the same, but the location of everything is very different and doesn't give you a feel for the customisation you can have on the controllers.

I would advise trying an Aruba SEEL lab if you have the access to it.

If you are just looking to practice the hierarchy, then it is possible, you still have to create the roles, AAA profiles and so on, but it definitely isn't an accurate representation.

I would definitely advise against using IAP's to practice for a mobility controller exam.

Any questions please let me know.

Thanks,

Ben