Training, Certification & Career

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all

New Certification Policy

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  New Certification Policy

Posted Jul 29, 2019 03:39 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

I saw that Aruba is changing their certification Policy so that the certifications won't be based on version, but time instad.

Se this infographic: https://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/infographic/Aruba-Certification-Program_Infographic.pdf

Info from the mail that went out:

"To increase industry value and simplify recertification requirements, Aruba is transitioning from certifications based on versions (e.g ACMA v6.5, v6.7, v8) to certifications with no versions (e.g. ACMA). The new versionless certifications will require recertification based on the date that they were achieved. This change will take effect on November 1, 2019, after which all technical and sales certifications will require recertification every three and two years, respectively."

Can you help me clarify one thing: I have ACMP, ACCP and ACDX.

To renew ACMP do I have to take the ACMP test, or can I take the ACDX written to update both ACMP and ACCP?

Regards

Philip

Attachment(s)

• 2.  RE: New Certification Policy

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 29, 2019 08:27 PM

Hi Philip! Good question, no the ACDX written exam will not recertify the ACMP and ACCP because those lower certifiations are in different technology domains (ClearPass/ Mobility vs Design). If you had an ACDP, then yes the ACDX written exam would recertify the ACDP.

In order to recertify your ACMP you would need to:

a) Pass the ACMP exam on PearsonVue

or

b)Pass the higher level ACMX written exam on PearsonVue

Alternatively, with the new Edge Certification track (See Edge in FAQ for more info) you could earn either the ACSP (Switching) or ACDP (Design) which would then make you an  Aruba Certified Edge Professional. The Edge certification is granted to individuals who hold 3/4 certifications (ClearPass, Switching, Design, Mobility) at each level (associate/ professional/ expert).

If you go the Edge route when you earn that third certification, all you have to do is pass the Edge Professional exam on PearsonVue and that will recertify your ACMP, ACCP, and ACSP/DP. Basically one exam to rule them all! :)

I hope this makes sense, if you have any other questions please reach out to us arubatraining@hpe.com!

• 3.  RE: New Certification Policy

Posted Jul 30, 2019 03:58 AM

Thank you Jenna!

If I currently hold ACMP and ACCP does it matter if I take, for example, ACDP before or after November 1 to get the Aruba Certified Edge Professional? As log as nether of ACMP or ACCP expires before I pass ACDP.

Question 2:

If I get Edge Professional by passing ACMP, ACCP and ACDP and a year later I pass ACSP, will ACSP be included in my Edge Professional? 

Will my Edge Professional validity period then be moved to when I passed ACSP?

Regards

Philip

• 4.  RE: New Certification Policy
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 05, 2019 12:09 PM

No it does not matter. If you take the ACDP before Nov 1st, on Nov 1st you will be granted the Aruba Edge Professional. The Edge will then count for renewal of the ACMP and ACCP, essentially extending the expiration date.  All 4 certifications (ACMP, ACCP, ACDP, ACEP) will align, showing a single expiration date.

Yes, the ACSP will be included and the Edge Professional written exam will recertify all certifications. In this case, because the Edge Professional would expire first, the ACSP will show a later expiration date. You would need to renew the Edge by its expiration date, which will be earlier than the ACSP expiration date.  When the Edge is renewed, all 5 certifications (ACMP, ACCP, ADP, ACSP, ACEP) will align, showing a single expiration date.

• 5.  RE: New Certification Policy

Posted Aug 07, 2019 01:40 AM

Awesome! Thanks for your verry informative answers.