Training, Certification & Career

Upcoming community maintenance Oct. 27th through Oct. 29th
For more info click here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Re: Wanting to be ACMA certified

Hi Guys, I'm fairly new to Aruba but my new company uses them at pretty much every site and I was hoping to get myself started on the ACMA track.

I've seen the link to Pearson Vue ACMA exam 6.1 - Does anyone have any advice as to the best way to get prepared for the exam itself? I've seen an unofficial study guide on Amazon.com and also the ACMA exam topic list under aruba certificates but I'm wondering if there is a full official study guide available? (And also any aruba emulation software :P)

Cheers!

Highlighted

Hi Nnabled,

The current recommended path to ACMA is to attend the Implementing Aruba WLANs (IAW) course.  We hope to offer more self-study options beyond the study guide on the certifications page but no firm dates on anything at the moment.  We are planning a major push into elearning next year which should bring down the cost of attending our courses.

--
Christopher Leach - CISSP, ACDX, ACMX
Director, Training and Certification
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for your response, I'll be looking into the option of IAW in the near future. As an elearning suggestion (whilst I understand potentially not possible) I was very impressed by recently discovering that F5 have a way for users to create an account and login to VM's they've got setup directly through their website, where you're able to work on labs and other things to get experience with equipment.

Obviously for Cisco there are thinks like packet tracer and GNS3 which are both incredibly useful tools when learning and also when brainstorming/troubleshooting.

I'd be hoping that in the future there may be a way to emulate some of the features of Aruba OS to help those training up!

Until then I'm still trying to get hold of a spare A200 we've got to start using as a lab device :-)

Cheers

Highlighted
New Contributor

Can anyone PM me the instructions for taking the ACMA exam? Very interested....

Highlighted
MVP Expert

Check out the “Becoming Mobility Certified” event, we are covering ACMA this month (May 2014). Join us! http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Training-Certification-Career/Becoming-Mobility-Certified-ACMA-May-2014/td-p/158724

Sean Rynearson
Smart Spaces TME
Phone: 706.972.1520
Twitter: @srynearson
Airheads: @srynearson

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor

I would like to become ACMA or ACMP eventually, soon. Although all the information i seem to find is a bit outdated. Do i just pay for the exam fee for ACMA now is $125; then i watch the video tutorials on the training page? Or is there extra fees for access to the advanced content to study? My company is an Aruba Vendor if this helps. I see people talking about a bootcamp but i do not see anywhere on the site such a thing to purchase. Any help is much appreciated, thank you.

Highlighted

Hi,

the best is to Certify ACMP directly since ACMA is not  requested for ACMP.

Regards

Raouf CHAHBOUNE
ICT Network & Security Engineer
CCNP R/S | CCNA Security | ACMP|ACCP|ACDX

[If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.]
Highlighted
New Contributor

Okay my company is looking into sending me to the acmp boot camp. Wanting to know since we're a dealer if there is any discounts we can receive?

Corporate technology solutions

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Highlighted

hi,

you find here the list of Aruba Learining Partner.

I think that in US, Training are delievred by Aruba (but not sure).

Regards

Raouf CHAHBOUNE
ICT Network & Security Engineer
CCNP R/S | CCNA Security | ACMP|ACCP|ACDX

[If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.]
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

Can you send me the link also? Thanks
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: