Training, Certification & Career

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all

need technical information%2Fmanual%2Fsetup guide for OAW-4704

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  need technical information%2Fmanual%2Fsetup guide for OAW-4704

Posted Jan 20, 2014 03:55 PM

we have a few of these controllers in our network and I always seem to have issues with them.I do not have any technical documentation on these controllers and would like some.

Does anyone know where I can get documentation on this? Or any type of video training or something similar???

Thanks in advance!

• 2.  RE: need technical information%2Fmanual%2Fsetup guide for OAW-4704

Posted Jan 20, 2014 08:12 PM

What kind of issue you got with those controllers?

The Alcaltel 4704 is the Aruba 3600....

Any Aruba training will help you...

For the Manual i could post you the manual but i need to know which firmware you got? so i can post the correct manual for you..

You can read this VRD which also appies to your Alcatel wifi enviroment...

This is REALLY useful

http://www.arubanetworks.com/technology/reference-design-guides/

This is like the wifi bible :)

As you running alcatel wireless controllers, there is something that you should know and if you trying to download the firmware from the alcatel partner site you will see just old firmwares in there.. you need to ask the alcatel TAC for recent Firmwares... they got it but they dont post them on their partner site for some reason.

Cheers

Carlos

• 3.  RE: need technical information%2Fmanual%2Fsetup guide for OAW-4704

Posted Jan 21, 2014 12:28 PM

Thanks NightShade1 for your help man. I really appreciate you taking the time to help point me in the right direction.

Here was the problem I was having. I seem to get a lot of weird behavior. Or perhaps I need to study up more on these controllers.

My controller is a OAW-4704 which is essentially an Aruba 3600 :). Running code 6.1.3.8

I am using RAP-5WN

I just see some weird behavior here. My main problem was that I was not able to upgrade the RAP from 5.x. to the controllers 6.x code. 6.x code was on both partitions of my controller. 

Doing a show ap image version ap-name "ap name" I could see that it was trying to load the image. It would reach 1500 seconds then restart indicating to me that there was a time out. I am not sure if something really was timing out because now the RAP has been upgraded. I left it connected for a few hours and it finally took. Which is good :smileyhappy:

Though I still see randomness. Such as, when I go to provision the freshly upgraded RAP with new host switch name and IP address it took 3 tries before it took.  ????

Also, I am now able to remove devices from my Global AP List in Monitoring>All Access Points> and clicking the clear button in the GUI. This did not work yesterday.  ?????

The only thing I can think of that is different is that I had a RAP stuck trying to upgrade even though I had removed it from the network. Maybe that duplicate RAP that was trying to upgrade caused the controller to not be able to remove its entires for it? I was able to get that RAP to work via the details written above.

• 4.  RE: need technical information%2Fmanual%2Fsetup guide for OAW-4704

Posted Jan 21, 2014 07:13 PM

So everything is working now?

As an additional information you should upgrade your firmware

Please read this article

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Unified-Wired-Wireless-Access/Support-Advisory-ArubaOS-Default-Certificate-Expiration-11-21/td-p/116511

Of course upgrade it with the Alcatel version... do not use aruba version.  Youw ill need to ask the one that sold you the controller for the firmware... i dont think alcatel let the end user open them a support ticket to ask them for the firmware.

Cheers

Carlos