Wired Intelligent Edge (Campus Switching and Routing)

Occasional Contributor I

Re: 2-member VSF stack 40 Gbps LACP

Matthew, thanks for the quick reply.

However the other side is a 5940. Not sure that it would support Aruba DAC. Local SE said that Comware DAC would be the best approach.

Regarding the following statement "...2930F is 3 meters due to the lack of a PHY in the SFP+ ports..".

I'm not sure if I understand this concept. Do you have any docs about this issue?

Regular Contributor I

With regards to PHYless design of Aruba 2930F on SFP+ ports...could really a 2 meters difference (5 meters unsupported Comware DAC versus 3 meters supported Aruba DAC) create such effects?

Really curious...I always thought that PHYless designs show their effects on longer copper/fiber runs.

Cabling question: Is that DAC Cable (max) bending radius respected?
Occasional Contributor I

Guys,

I've opened a case and basically, the support said that we have "unsupported transceivers" on the Aruba side.

The customer have swapped the Comware 5 meters DAC to ArubaOS 1m DAC and it seems to be working perfectly. However, we had to remove the one cable from the VSF stack to setup the uplink to the 5940. Right now, we have just a single uplink to the core and a single DAC for VSF (testing).

Does Comware support any transceiver, including the ArubaOS ones?

I'm looking forward to understand what does "PHYless design on 2930F" means.

Regular Contributor I

@msanches wrote: Does Comware support any transceiver, including the ArubaOS ones?

Comware operating system based Switches are - IMHO - less sensible to phony Transceivers than Aruba (that, lately, introduced a command to let unsupported transceivers - and not for VSF ports just for normal Access/Uplink ports - to be used by the system not implicitly granting they would work)...nevertheless also on Comware based Switches it's better to use supported transceivers (there is a command to suppress warnings about unsupported ones).

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Thanks for sharing your experience.

24 horas running with a single DAC for VSF and a single DAC to the core, no interface erros.

The Aruba DACs are:

J9281B

HPE X242 10G SFP+ to SFP+ 1m DAC Cable

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: