Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

2530-24G Switch GUI

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  2530-24G Switch GUI

Posted Apr 15, 2019 09:16 AM

I'm new to Aruba, and not real versed in CLI.  A recommendation ended with me purchasing this easily configurable switch which I have been unable to make any changes via the GUI.  It appears the GUI is strictly read only with no modifications allowed. 

Is that the case?  Or is there something I need to enable via CLI?

Reviewing # show web-management it does show te HTP access to be enabled.

TIA

• 2.  RE: 2530-24G Switch GUI
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 15, 2019 09:22 AM
    I suppose that you are logged in with the operator account and not with the manager account.
    With the operator account you have read-only access.

With the web GUI you should be able to make changes

• 3.  RE: 2530-24G Switch GUI
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 15, 2019 09:28 AM

Thanks for your reply.  In the GUI, I'm logging in as admin.  I assumed that would be an account to make changes but appears it isn't?  I didn't realize there were other accounts.

• 4.  RE: 2530-24G Switch GUI
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 15, 2019 10:10 AM

There are two privileges levels, operator (RO) and manager (RW). By default there are also two users, operator and manager, however this can be changed.

See the screenshot below.

In the right corner you can hit the user details button to see which role is assigned.

I'm logged in with the manager account and I can also add new VLANs

2019-04-15 16_07_27-Aruba 2930F-24G-PoE+-4SFP Switch (JL261A).png

• 5.  RE: 2530-24G Switch GUI

MVP GURU
    Posted Apr 15, 2019 05:03 PM

It's important to note that GUI doesn't cover the full spectrum of features you can manage through CLI...it offers you (Manager) just a basic subset with a limited amount of options...that's just to say that if you want to fully govern and understand your Switch you need to get used to CLI....sooner or later.