Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

2930F VSF MAD configuration problem

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  2930F VSF MAD configuration problem

Posted Jun 20, 2019 04:06 PM

Hi all,

I have 2 switchs JL255A JL256A / version : WC.16.08.0003

I can create a VSF without a problem, but i connot configure MAD.

the resultat of the vsf link status :

when the VSF modul is configured, i want to start the mad configuration but when i want to configure :

the trunk mode , the vlan mode , i have the same result :

port 1/51 is reserved for internal use. or port [port_configured in vsf member 1 or 2 link1 ]is reserved for internal use
    when i want to set the vlan ...

i create an vlan (in my exemple 2222)

vlan 2222 name MAD-VLAN
    Aruba-VSF-2930F(config)# vlan 2222 untagged 1/51
    port 1/51 is reserved for internal use.
    Unfortannly, i cant go anywhere , if i a cannot create the trunk mode for the member 1 its impossible to create the vsf lldp-mad ipv4 configuration line... the resultat its bad.

if you can help me

• 2.  RE: 2930F VSF MAD configuration problem

Posted Jun 24, 2019 08:03 AM

Can you tell me what interfaces u use for VSF, and what interface you want to use for MAD?

Can you share the output of:

- show vsf

- show vsf detail

- show run int 1/51

You should use a normal LACP uplink to another switch or OOB interface for MAD configuration, not a VSF link.

• 3.  RE: 2930F VSF MAD configuration problem
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 24, 2019 02:19 PM

Greetings!

As pointed out by Fabian, MAD requires the use of a separate interface from the VSF link. The purpose of MAD is to provide an alternate data path for detection of other VSF members if a VSF link or member fails, so it would make little sense to use the VSF link itself for MAD functionality.

As an aside, ports assigned to VSF links cannot be used for other switch features; attempting to do so will result in the same "port X is reserved for internal use" error message being displayed.