Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

2930M Transceivers & LACP

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  2930M Transceivers & LACP

Posted Apr 25, 2018 05:40 PM

I just purchased 3 2930m switches and have placed them in a stack.  I need to connect them to my core stack "Brocade" using lacp.  I purchased the Aruba J9151D transceivers and have them both plugged into the stack.  I am using Brocade transceivers in the core stack and I am unable to get the lacp link to work.  One thing I tried was to put a Brocade transceiver in the Aruba stack, enable the non-supported-transceiver and the link comes up.  If I put an Aruba transceiver in the core Brocade stack the link also comes up.  I assume this is an issue on the Aruba side or am I missing a command?

• 2.  RE: 2930M Transceivers & LACP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 25, 2018 05:47 PM

Are the links coming up and the LACP LAG not forming?  Or is there no link at all?

With the Aruba transceivers in the 2930M switches, can you do a "show tech transceivers" and paste the output?

• 3.  RE: 2930M Transceivers & LACP

Posted Apr 25, 2018 06:15 PM

The links comes up but when I do a show lacp "Partner" is no unless I use the same transceiver on each end.  

show lacp

LACP Trunk Port LACP Admin Oper
    Port Enabled Group Status Partner Status Key Key
    ----- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------ ------
    1/A2 Active Trk1 Down No Success 0 532
    3/A1 Active Trk1 Up Yes Success 0 532

show tech transceivers

Transceiver Technical Information:
    Port # | Type | Prod # | Serial # | Part #
    -------+-----------+------------+------------------+----------
    1/A2 *| SFP+SR | ?? | unsupported |
    3/A1 | SFP+LR | J9151D | CN7BKCC0H2 | 1990-4694

* third-party transceivershow time
    Wed Apr 25 16:14:02 2018

• 4.  RE: 2930M Transceivers & LACP
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 25, 2018 06:43 PM

What's the model # of the Brocade transceiver?  You have LR type Aruba transceivers, can you confirm you have LR on Brocade as well?  

• 5.  RE: 2930M Transceivers & LACP

Posted Apr 26, 2018 09:31 AM

We are currently using Brocade 57-0000075-01

• 6.  RE: 2930M Transceivers & LACP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 16, 2018 05:13 PM

10G SR (the Brocade Xcvrs) and 10G LR (the Aruba ones) use different wavelengths, hence no connectivity. 

You need to match the technology types on both ends:  SR to SR (uses Multimode Fiber) or LR to LR (over Singlemode Fiber).