Wired Intelligent Edge (Campus Switching and Routing)

Highlighted
New Contributor

2930M Transceivers & LACP

I just purchased 3 2930m switches and have placed them in a stack.  I need to connect them to my core stack "Brocade" using lacp.  I purchased the Aruba J9151D transceivers and have them both plugged into the stack.  I am using Brocade transceivers in the core stack and I am unable to get the lacp link to work.  One thing I tried was to put a Brocade transceiver in the Aruba stack, enable the non-supported-transceiver and the link comes up.  If I put an Aruba transceiver in the core Brocade stack the link also comes up.  I assume this is an issue on the Aruba side or am I missing a command?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: 2930M Transceivers & LACP

What's the model # of the Brocade transceiver?  You have LR type Aruba transceivers, can you confirm you have LR on Brocade as well?  

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Are the links coming up and the LACP LAG not forming?  Or is there no link at all?

With the Aruba transceivers in the 2930M switches, can you do a "show tech transceivers" and paste the output?

Highlighted
New Contributor

The links comes up but when I do a show lacp "Partner" is no unless I use the same transceiver on each end.  

show lacp

LACP Trunk Port LACP Admin Oper
Port Enabled Group Status Partner Status Key Key
----- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------ ------
1/A2 Active Trk1 Down No Success 0 532
3/A1 Active Trk1 Up Yes Success 0 532

show tech transceivers

Transceiver Technical Information:
Port # | Type | Prod # | Serial # | Part #
-------+-----------+------------+------------------+----------
1/A2 *| SFP+SR | ?? | unsupported |
3/A1 | SFP+LR | J9151D | CN7BKCC0H2 | 1990-4694

* third-party transceivershow time
Wed Apr 25 16:14:02 2018

Highlighted

What's the model # of the Brocade transceiver?  You have LR type Aruba transceivers, can you confirm you have LR on Brocade as well?  

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor

We are currently using Brocade 57-0000075-01

Highlighted
Aruba Employee

10G SR (the Brocade Xcvrs) and 10G LR (the Aruba ones) use different wavelengths, hence no connectivity. 

You need to match the technology types on both ends:  SR to SR (uses Multimode Fiber) or LR to LR (over Singlemode Fiber). 

Ed Kurata, Product Line Manager, Switching Accessories
8000 Foothills Blvd, Roseville CA 95747
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: