Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

2930m with JL083A not connecting to hp 10508-v core

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  2930m with JL083A not connecting to hp 10508-v core

Posted Jul 06, 2020 03:56 PM

the core sees the link come up and shows it as up

the 2930m shows the port as down

both sides are configured as trunks with vlan 1as untag and 1001 as the tag

the back of the 2930m on the JL083A module has a solid green in the bottom right which I think means it is ok

but port 1 flashes a slow amber even with an sfp in it or not

I tried multiple gbics in the SFP port but I just can't get it to go

what am I missing

I just want to use this switch for a tech room using a 10g connection

• 2.  RE: 2930m with JL083A not connecting to hp 10508-v core

MVP GURU
    Posted Jul 06, 2020 06:12 PM

Hi! Are you so kind to share with us the sanitized running configuration of your Aruba 2930M with the Aruba 3810M/2930M 4SFP+ MACsec Module (JL083A) inserted a supported SFP+ Transceiver plugged in?

When you say trunk...do you mean (HP ProVision/HPE Aruba ArubaOS-Switch) "link aggregation" or (HP/HPE Comware) just an interface tagged with one or more VLAN IDs? it's quite important to clarify this.

What are the characteristics of the fiber optical link between SFP+ Transceivers on the Aruba 2930M and the HPE FlexNetwork 10508-V?

What's about providing the sanitized output (relevant to discussed interface(s) and without any Serial Number) of the CLI command show tech transceivers

• 3.  RE: 2930m with JL083A not connecting to hp 10508-v core

Posted Jul 07, 2020 05:43 AM

First step to check layer 1: Do you see light on the fiber at both ends of the fiber?

• 4.  RE: 2930m with JL083A not connecting to hp 10508-v core

Posted Jul 10, 2020 08:39 AM

so i have the correct transceivers now and the link lights are good

on the 10508 I have the port set as trunk with allowing 2 vlans

on the aruba I have it set as a trk1 and 1 vlan is untagged and the other is tagged

the ip to manage is on the tagged vlan but I cannot hit that ip

if I connect to the switch on a port with that Ip I can manage the switch fine just not thru the 10508

it's like i'm missing some security somewhere or the trk is not setup correctly

• 5.  RE: 2930m with JL083A not connecting to hp 10508-v core
    Best Answer

MVP GURU
    Posted Jul 10, 2020 12:28 PM

I reiterate my question: when you say trunk...do you mean (HP ProVision/HPE Aruba ArubaOS-Switch) "link aggregation" or (HP/HPE Comware) just an interface tagged with one or more VLAN IDs? it's quite important to clarify this.

You could have erroneously used link aggregation on Aruba side (you wrote trk1) and a plain interface set in trunk mode (carrying more VLANs) on the Comware side...how we are supposed to help you if we can't check that? ...if you don't provide us any evidence there is no game.

One thing is to tell, another thing is to show. Please stop telling, start showing.