Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

3810M Memory and Processor

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  3810M Memory and Processor

Posted Dec 05, 2019 11:00 AM

Hi community

I have reviewed the memory and processor specifications for Aruba 3810M 48G PoE+ 1-slot Switch (JL074A) and found this:

• P2020 Dual-Core @ 1.2 GHz, 4GB DDR3 Synchronous Dynamic Random-Access Memory (SDRAM), 1GB SD card
    • Dual ARM coretex A9 @ 1 GHz, 2GB DDR3 SDRAM; packet buffer size: 13.5MB internal

Can anybody tell me why it seems to be 2 processors?

Regards

• 2.  RE: 3810M Memory and Processor

MVP GURU
    Posted Dec 06, 2019 05:31 AM

Hi,

I think there is a Processor for CPU and another for ASIC (or it is the process of the ASIC...)

• 3.  RE: 3810M Memory and Processor

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 06, 2019 11:41 AM

There is a "primary" CPU for the entire system and a "secondary" CPU for each ASIC.  The "secondary" CPU will run processes that require a fast response, such as MAC learning or ARP response.

• 4.  RE: 3810M Memory and Processor
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 06, 2019 12:11 PM

Thanks Alexis and Justin.

I suppose the first one is the "primary" CPU (not precised in the datasheet)

@Justin: About the secondary one ... one CPU per each ASIC?, would it mean 3 Secondary CPUs if there is 3 ASICs?.

Regards

• 5.  RE: 3810M Memory and Processor

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 06, 2019 12:40 PM

Yes, that's correct.