Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

5406R zl2 vlans

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  5406R zl2 vlans

Posted Sep 06, 2017 05:43 PM

Just checking on multiple vlan configuration for this switch...

Is there an easy way to allow all tagged vlans on a port?

I appears that if I want to allow all vlans on a port, I would add that port to a trk interface and then add all the vlans that are needed to that trk interface. There is no "tagged vlan all" command. 

Is this correct? Is there an easier way?

(migrating from another switch...not my ideal way of configuring, but thats where I'm at with my timecrunch.)

• 2.  RE: 5406R zl2 vlans

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 07, 2017 04:08 AM

I'm not aware of a single command to add all VLANs to a port. This has roots in the fact that the OS is VLAN centric, instead of port centric.

You can work through your partner or Aruba SE to get a feature request filed for such functionality.

• 3.  RE: 5406R zl2 vlans

Posted Sep 07, 2017 11:42 AM

Haven't tried it for this specific purpose but i imagine you could take a running config backup, doctor it so the port you want is tagged in all the vlans and then squirt it back in again.

• 4.  RE: 5406R zl2 vlans

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 07, 2017 06:33 PM

Hi, something like that ...

For a range (all vlans)

int 1 tagged vlan 1-100

or specific vlans

int 1 tagged vlan 1,10,21-30

Restrictions

Vlans must exist at global level for the command to work !