Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

5412R OSPF distribute default route

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  5412R OSPF distribute default route

Posted Jul 20, 2020 02:03 PM

Hi,

I have an Aruba 5412 and 5406R (with VRRP running between these two) and several 2930F's in an OSPF backbone area. All connected routes and any static routes entered can be distributed as expected.

I want to send the default route from the ZL5412 to the 2930Fs but there doesn't seem to be a command to do this?

The cisco command would be 'default-information originate'. there is no equivalent that I can find on the Aruba and TAC seem to be struggling also.

Surely someone has default routes advertised via OSPF on Aruba switches?

Thanks in advance!

• 2.  RE: 5412R OSPF distribute default route

Posted Jul 21, 2020 03:20 AM

Hi,

that command does not exist on this platform, although, if you have route 0.0.0.0/0 x.x.x.x configured on the 5400s and you do redistribute static routes into OSPF then that route should be learned by the 2930F.

If you want to filter out which routes are going to be redistributed then you can apply a route-map to the redistribute static.

Not sure if it's the answer you were looking for but, if you are already redistributing the connected and static routes, then the outcome would be pretty much the same.

If you learn the default route from a different routing protocol like BGP then use the approach before mentioned: redistribute bgp route-map xxx to just allow the default route to go into OSPF.

If you have a different scenario/need please ellaborate so maybe we can try to find a solution.

Hope this helps a bit.

Cheers,

Aarón

• 3.  RE: 5412R OSPF distribute default route

Posted Jul 21, 2020 04:04 AM

Hi Aaron,

Its really helpful to just know one way or the other. It really did help a lot thank you!