Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

8320 MCLAG with 4 switches

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  8320 MCLAG with 4 switches

Posted Jul 13, 2018 02:35 AM
      |   view attached

Hi, I would like to check whether is it possible for me to configure MC LAG in this fashion on the attachment. So that it will appear as 1 logical stack unit?

• 2.  RE: 8320 MCLAG with 4 switches

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 13, 2018 06:15 PM

Hi MiniMe,

You can only use MCLAG with 2 devices (the same applies to VSX in 10.01).

And, remember with MCLAG and VSX, you still have two devices, there is no "stack".

If you want, send me an email to ruben.iglesias@hpe.com describing what your need is and we will assist you directly.

Regards, Ruben.-

• 3.  RE: 8320 MCLAG with 4 switches
    Best Answer

MVP GURU
    Posted Jul 13, 2018 06:23 PM

AFAIK actually VSX (ArubaOS-CX 10.01) can be deployed between two Aruba 8320 (or two Aruba 8400) so using a pair of same ArubaOS-CX based Switches...so, at best, you would be able to create two separated VSX pairs (each VSX uses its own ISL and off-ISL Keepalive links) and then interconnect them via redundant LAGs.

• 4.  RE: 8320 MCLAG with 4 switches

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 16, 2018 12:48 PM

Hi Parnassus,

That is correct.

Regards, Ruben.-

• 5.  RE: 8320 MCLAG with 4 switches

Posted Jul 16, 2018 09:03 PM

Thanks for the reply. I would prefer if there's a capability to stack them as 1 logical unit so that routing can be kept simple. The deployment is just meant for wireless and LAN so having 2 separate stack of core switch might be unproductive.