Wired Intelligent Edge (Campus Switching and Routing)

Highlighted
Contributor II

AOS-CX 10.03+ << copy TFTP running-config (??? running replaced or updated ???)

USING CLI: copy tftp://10.10.10.10/Customized-aoscx-8320-config.txt running-config

One question at the end of this POST.

My reproducible Steps:

1. Booted my 8320.

2. Saved my running config to TFTP server as "Customized-aoscx-8320-config.txt".

3. Added vlans 1100-3000

4. Did NOT save the running config to the startup config.

5. RECOVERED the running config with the following command: copy tftp://10.10.10.10/Customized-aoscx-8320-config.txt running-config

6. Viewed event log via: how events -d hpe-config , to see several errors similar to the following for ALL my VLANs: 

2019-10-03T05:09:35.538945-05:00 AOSCX8320-16070 hpe-config[21894]: Event|6802|LOG_ERR|AMM|-|Error while copying configs. Error: Command failed:    name VLAN-140, Response:VLAN name VLAN-140 is already used for VLAN 140.

7. The running config was updated BUT VLAN 1100-3000 (see step #3, above) were NOT deleted.

QUESTION:

When using a command similar to "copy tftp://10.10.10.10/Customized-aoscx-8320-config.txt running-config" should the entire existing aos-cx-8320 running config be replaced/erased or is aos-cx 10.03 designed to replace ONLY portions of the running config???

** Don't get "hung-up on the vlan example above.  I also had portions of the original access-lists retained during other tftp testing.

MVP Expert

Re: AOS-CX 10.03+ << copy TFTP running-config (??? running replaced or updated ???)

It is never a good idea to copy to running configuration..

it is always better to copy to startup and restart the switch

Also it is DB-driven switch, you can also use checkpoint

PowerArubaSW: Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP... More info

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...) More info

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)

PowerArubaIAP: Powershell Module to use Aruba Instant AP

ACMP 6.4 / ACMX #107 / ACCP 6.5
MVP Expert

Re: AOS-CX 10.03+ << copy TFTP running-config (??? running replaced or updated ???)

Hi, as @alagoutte wrote you above checkpoint is the way to go when moving between configuration states (especially when you want a consistent rollback mechanism), here an introduction.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: