Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

AP 303H wired port eth0

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  AP 303H wired port eth0

Posted Aug 08, 2019 06:06 AM

Hello All,

I have a customer who has baught 100's on 303H's whilst under the impression that they can use all 4 ports for the end users. Eth0 is a passthrough port however they would like it to be used exactly like the other 3 ports on the bottom. Is there a way to do this or is that not possible? I have read that this is possible but i cant figure out how this is done

Thanks,

Ben

• 2.  RE: AP 303H wired port eth0
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 08, 2019 09:41 AM

The data sheet describes all the interfaces available. One is uplink to the controller, 3 are downlink for use of wired connectivity through the uplink. The black port on the bottom is basically a shunted, wired connection from the back to the bottom in cases where the uplink port in the back cannot be used (desk stand, uplink wire is not coming from the box behind it, etc). 

So there's only 3 ports to use for wired devices connected to the 303H. They can obviously put a switch there for more than 3, but I don't think they want switches tied to the APs.