Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Administrator role user cannot access Aruba switch GUI

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  Administrator role user cannot access Aruba switch GUI

Posted May 11, 2018 04:24 PM

Hi guys,

I have some Aruba switches and for all of them I have configured password for the defaults roles, namely manager and operator. I have also configured a user (user1) with the Administrator role (Level-15):

aaa authorization commands local
    aaa authentication local-user "user1" group "Level-15"

I can access the switch CLI with either manager, operator or user1 usernames. However, I can only access the switch GUI with either manager or operator usernames, but not with user1 username. User guide says nothing about this. Do I need to configure anything else?

Regards,

Julián

• 2.  RE: Administrator role user cannot access Aruba switch GUI

Posted May 14, 2018 10:58 AM

Hi guys,

Any idea? Has anyone experienced this?

Regards,

Julián

• 3.  RE: Administrator role user cannot access Aruba switch GUI
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 15, 2018 03:48 PM

Hello,

At the moment, we do not have support for Role Based Access Control (RBAC) user in Web UI/REST/Menu.  We have raised a flag with our internal to update the documentation.

Thank You, 

• 4.  RE: Administrator role user cannot access Aruba switch GUI

Posted May 22, 2018 10:41 AM

Hi Priyank,

OK, thanks for the clarification because I read the user guide and says nothing about that limitation.

Regards,

Julián

• 5.  RE: Administrator role user cannot access Aruba switch GUI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 24, 2018 01:01 PM

We are raising the documentation issue with the team and will have this issue fixed in the next user guide update.

• 6.  RE: Administrator role user cannot access Aruba switch GUI

Posted Aug 18, 2018 02:04 AM

Hi, adding option to logon local user by web interface is planned in future software updates?

• 7.  RE: Administrator role user cannot access Aruba switch GUI

Posted Dec 17, 2018 02:54 PM

Hi,

How were you able to test the admin and operator access?  Did you test it while tacacs/radius authentication is in effect or are you just using local authentication?

• 8.  RE: Administrator role user cannot access Aruba switch GUI

Posted Dec 17, 2018 05:43 PM
    Hi,

I tested with just local authentication.

Regards,
    Julián

• 9.  RE: Administrator role user cannot access Aruba switch GUI

Posted Oct 13, 2022 03:09 PM
    Hi Team 

An old thread but hoping to get some insight. We are managing  Aruba switches for a customer 2930F and have TACACs and local users as a fall back option in case we lose the server.  

My issue is every time i try to access the gui (trying to do a firmware upgrade)  using the TACACS credentials .. it always logs me in an operator mode and hence i cannot see options with Firmware upgrade(please correct me if i am wrong)  . Not sure why i cannot login to the webgui in Manager/Admin role. 

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated. I am new to Aruba platform and learning to work with them. 

Thanks 
    Rajan