Wired Intelligent Edge (Campus Switching and Routing)

New Contributor

Anyone have make/model numbers of working CWDM or DWDM transceivers that work in Aruba 2930F or 3810

I've got 4 strands of OS2 from site1 to site 2.

Currently, there are 2x 10GBase-LR connections from a stack of 2930F switches to a stack of 3810M switches, using all 4 strands.

I'm looking to remove the 10GBase-LR transceviers, install some CWDM or DWDM mux/demux units, and then install 10GBase-WDM transceivers.

Only problem is Aruba doesn't have any listed skus for supported CWDM or DWDM transceivers.

Anyone have working 10GBase-CWDM or 10GBase-DWDM or 1GBase-CWDM or 1GBase-DWDM transceivers that are working in Aruba 2930F or 3810M switches with firmware version 16.x.x?

I'm not afraid of using service-unsupported-transceiver, but I don't want to go buy a bunch of DWDM/CDWM mux/demux units, transceivers, patch cables, etc... and then find out they won't work anyway.

MVP Expert

Re: Anyone have make/model numbers of working CWDM or DWDM transceivers that work in Aruba 2930F or

Why, client side (from the mux/demux transponders standpoint), do you need C/DWDM interfaces instead of standard 10G SFP+? I mean the uplink could be OTU4 2x100 Gbps...where the "client" side would be, let me say, 20x10Gbps (SFP+ SR or LR...so Aruba supported SKUs, respectively for 2930F and 3810M, exist and are exactly those you are already using). Am I misunderstanding the whole purpose of using muxponders/transponders pairs on existing fiber optic uplinks between sites?
New Contributor

Re: Anyone have make/model numbers of working CWDM or DWDM transceivers that work in Aruba 2930F or

You can use your existing optics on the 1310 port. However, DWDM in most cases is cheaper, I wouldn't put in any new CWDM these days unless you had to integrate with an already existing CWDM system.

shareit https://get-vidmateapk.com
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: