Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 2530-48G-PoE+ - PoE issues?

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  Aruba 2530-48G-PoE+ - PoE issues?

Posted Nov 28, 2019 11:48 AM

Hi all,

I'm experience a strange behavior with Aruba 2530-48G PoE+ (J9772A), after a power outage some APs didn't get power from PoE.

I have checked the PoE Port status and it was in "Searching".

A couple of hours later the PoE Port status was "Delivering" and the AP is back online without any intervention.

All the cabling was checked a retested and we didn't find any issue. Did some one experienced any situation similar like this?

• 2.  RE: Aruba 2530-48G-PoE+ - PoE issues?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 30, 2019 09:07 PM

What type of devices are connected to the 2530-48G-PoE+ Switch ?

The following are the different "Detection Status":
    Searching: The port is trying to detect a PD connection.
    Delivering: The port is delivering power to a PD.
    Disabled: On the indicated port, either PoE support is disabled or PoE power is enabled but the PoE module does not have enough power available to supply the port's power needs.
    Fault: The switch detects a problem with the connected PD.
    Other Fault: The switch has detected an internal fault that prevents it from supplying power on that port.

Try to check the logs.
    show logging -r -w

Better to log a TAC Case if you are able to reproduce the issue (or) find anything useful in the logs.

• 3.  RE: Aruba 2530-48G-PoE+ - PoE issues?

Posted Dec 06, 2019 06:12 AM

Hi Kapildev

Regarding your question we have Ruckus AP H510 connected to the switch. On top of the Ruckus AP we have a IPTV STB

I have checked the logs but didn't find anything suspicius or strange.

Let's see if we are able to reproduce this issue.