Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 2530 8G POE+ switch manager password issues

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Aruba 2530 8G POE+ switch manager password issues

Posted Oct 28, 2018 10:26 AM

Hi,

Im new to Hp cli. I have 11 new of these switches to configure vlans and trunking for a project but i am having issue with the console login. 

I entered the command below 

HP-2530-8G-POEP(config)# password manager user-name "admin" plaintext "password"

But i get the prompt that password cannot be changed on a stack member switch.

On another switch, i entered the above command and it accept it but after restarting the device it does not accept the password i used and comes up as invalid password.  Can someone help me out as my project time is sticking fast!

Edmund

• 2.  RE: Aruba 2530 8G POE+ switch manager password issues

MVP GURU
    Posted Oct 28, 2018 09:24 PM
    I wrongly clicked "Mee too" (I really hadn't your issue)...a part from that...do you remember to save your running configuration into startup configuration by issuing the write memory command?

With regards to the problem on stack member switch...have you defined a stack management configuration for your Switches or are they manageable singularly (each one with its own IP Address)?

• 3.  RE: Aruba 2530 8G POE+ switch manager password issues

Posted Oct 31, 2018 11:30 AM

Hi 

• 4.  RE: Aruba 2530 8G POE+ switch manager password issues

Posted Nov 01, 2018 04:06 AM

Hi,

After a couple of reset attempts are able to get the switch back to factory default and managed to set the password. Thanks for the help.