Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba-2540 connectivity issues

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Aruba-2540 connectivity issues

Posted Jul 02, 2019 07:53 PM

Strange one here. I have 4 Aruba 2540 switches. When I unplug my PC from any port on the switch I can't

get connectivity again until I reboot the switch. I simplified my setup to just 1 switch and was able to replicate this on each switch and on every port. I upgraded firmware and had no luck. On a whim, I enabled spanning tree, even though it makes no sense that this would solve anything on 1 switch with 2 pcs attached but my problem sort of went away.

So if I unplug the PC I have to continue plugging it in and out and eventually, it will start working. Prior to spanning tree, the only way I could get the PC communicating (pinging the switch again or the other PC) was to reboot the switch.

Thoughts?

• 2.  RE: Aruba-2540 connectivity issues

Posted Jul 03, 2019 04:18 AM

How do you test you have connectivity?

Do you have a config of the switches? What does the logging says?

Is everything in the same subnet?