Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 2920 port Blocked by STP - Errors

This thread has been viewed 33 times
  • 1.  Aruba 2920 port Blocked by STP - Errors

Posted Apr 02, 2019 03:50 PM

I'm seeing these errors all day at a few of my remote location switches.

**From log on switch**

00076 ports: port 14 is now on-line
    00435 ports: port 14 is Blocked by STP
    00077 ports: port 14 is now off-line

**From IMC**

iMC alarm system found event (The interface 14 is UP.) and event (The interface 14 is DOWN.) had 3 intermittent failures

All the ports doing so have a Cisco aironet 3600 series AP connected to them. Has anyone see then before and know what is going on? I was guessing maybe an LLDP or power negotation failure. Power draw is around 80w of the 370w available.

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Aruba 2920 port Blocked by STP - Errors

MVP GURU
    Posted Apr 03, 2019 01:57 AM

Hi,

By default when port is UP (and there is not admin-edge port), it is blocked by STP for 3 sec (with RSTP)

I think, you need to look access point log..

• 3.  RE: Aruba 2920 port Blocked by STP - Errors

Posted Apr 10, 2019 09:21 AM

Thanks, I have opened a case with Cisco TAC.

• 4.  RE: Aruba 2920 port Blocked by STP - Errors

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 10, 2019 12:56 PM

Greetings!

As noted by alagoutte, the STP port blocking is a default behavior when a port first comes up, and normally clears automatically. If you're seeing this occurring continually, the port is bouncing, and that could be either a power delivery issue or a problem with the connected AP itself causing it to continually reboot. 

Are you seeing anything in the switch event logs indicating a PoE delivery error on the switch port itself?