Wired Intelligent Edge (Campus Switching and Routing)

Contributor I

Aruba 2930 + Central

Good day community!

I need help with a switch in which I'm working.

My switch has multiple vlan interfaces and some of them are not allow to pass through my firewall. I am trying to bring this switch to central but I don´t know how.

Is there any way to force a source interface when the switch is trying to reach central?

For example: All my request going to central will have as source the interface VLAN 100

MVP Expert

Re: Aruba 2930 + Central

Hi,

Look ip source XXX interface... command

PowerArubaSW: Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP... More info

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...) More info

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)

PowerArubaIAP: Powershell Module to use Aruba Instant AP

ACMP 6.4 / ACMX #107 / ACCP 6.5
MVP Expert

Greetings!

To designate a specific VLAN to be used for connections to Aruba Activate, Central, and AirWave, you need to use the primary-vlan command, as in the example below:

switch(config)# primary-vlan 100

If a primary VLAN is not configured, the switch will attempt to use VLAN 1 for all connections to these platforms.

Matthew Fern
Technical Marketing Engineer, Wired Intelligent Edge

Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company

8000 FOOTHILLS BLVD  |  ROSEVILLE, CA 95747
T: 916.540.1759  |  E: mfern@hpe.com   |   Matt @ Twitter
Highlighted
Contributor I

Good day community!

Thanks a lot for your answer! I will be testing this configuration with the customer any time now.

I tried the configuration of ip source but I didn't work. For some reason I was specifying the interface to be VLAN 1 and I wasn't getting an aswer back. I even create and allow a new IP with privileges to access the network and didn't work.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: