Wired Intelligent Edge (Campus Switching and Routing)

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Aruba-2930F-24G-4SFP ( Layer 3)

have a switch Aruba-2930F-24G-4SFP ( Layer 3)  But i have a problem about configuration CLI in HP

1) i know this commande  in Ciscobut i don't know in Aruba-2930F-24G-4SFP ( Layer 3) 

interface  ethernet  1===> link with switch layer 2 ( DLINK)

switch trunk enpasulation dot1Q

switchport mode trunk

how i can configure this CLI  in switch layer 3  HP 2930F:  traduction to HP 

thanks in advance i a answer ASAB

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor I

Re: Aruba-2930F-24G-4SFP ( Layer 3)

Hi,

see the file in attachment, CLI reference Guide. (equivalance between aruba and cisco)

Mathias Troncoso-Aballay
ACMP, ACCP, ACSA | Aruba Partner Ambassador

View solution in original post

Highlighted
MVP Guru

Personally, given your Cisco versus ArubaOS-Switch commands translation doubts (especially against VLAN tagging and Link Aggregation),...I think this is always illuminating.

Highlighted
MVP Guru

I'm not used to work with D-Link Switches (no matter if Layer 2 or 3), said so...what is the port configuration where the PC (set DHCP or Static IP on VLAN 10) you're using for testing (I suspect with desired IP Addressing 10.10.10.40)?

D-Link Switch side that port should be untagged (and only untagged) in VLAN 10.

If you set that PC with temporarily with a Static IP Addressing: 10.10.10.40, Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0 and Default Gateway 10.10.10.1 (which is the IP Address given to VLAN 10 Interface on Aruba 2930F Switch) then you should be able to perform successfully a ping to 10.10.10.1 and also to 20.20.20.1 (because Aruba 2930F if responsible for IPv4 Routing on its VLANs).

Your DHCP issue (which should be, as far as I understood, D-Link access hosts are not receiving IP Addressing from DHCP Server set on Aruba 2930F) shoudl be fixed after the above step is verified...that's essential...why? because you first need to verify and be sure that Switch A (Aruba 2930F) and Switch B (D-Link) have a well formed interconnection and also that an host connected to an access port on Switch A (untagged on VLAN 10 or untagged on VLAN 20) is able to ping a corresponding host connected to an access port on Switch B (untagged on VLAN 10 or untagged on VLAN 20) and vice-versa.

Highlighted
MVP Guru

Never seen a Network Engineer writing so many "?" and "!" in a thread...by the way...check this D-Link article (I suspect that "Asymmetric VLAN" should be disabled and you should go down the Static VLAN configuration path): https://eu.dlink.com/uk/en/support/faq/switches/layer-2-gigabit/dgs-series/uk_dgs_1210_setup_static_vlans

D-Link Port 1 (interlink) MUST me set to be Untagged on VLAN 1, Tagged on VLAN 10 and Tagged on VLAN 20.

D-Link Port 3 (example of access port) MUST be Untagged on VLAN 10 (your "RH") ONLY (remove the actual tagging on VLAN 1).

D-Link Port 4 (example of access port) MUST be Untagged on VLAN 20 (your "office") ONLY (remove the actual tagging on VLAN 1).

Try to connect a PC on Port 3 of D-Link (try first setting a free IP Address compatible with subnet of VLAN 10, as described on my previous post) and verify ping against Aruba 2930 VLAN 10 IP Address 10.10.10.1.

Do the same on Port 4 of D-Link (try first setting a free IP Address compatible with subnet of VLAN 20, as described on my previous post) and verify ping against Aruba 2930 VLAN 20 IP Address 20.20.20.1.

D-Link DGS-1210-28 Manual: https://media.dlink.eu/ftp/products/dgs/dgs-1210/documentation/DGS-1210_man_revF_v6-10_eu_multi_20180110.pdf

All Replies
Highlighted
Contributor I

int X untag vlan Y

where X is the interface identifier in the Aruba switch, Y is the vlan or list of VLANs you want tagged in 802.1q to traverse that port.

Highlighted
Contributor I

Hi,

see the file in attachment, CLI reference Guide. (equivalance between aruba and cisco)

Mathias Troncoso-Aballay

Highlighted
MVP Guru

Personally, given your Cisco versus ArubaOS-Switch commands translation doubts (especially against VLAN tagging and Link Aggregation),...I think this is always illuminating.

Highlighted

Hello

i have a problem that switch Aruba-2930F-24G-4SFP don't give any address dhcp to PC : i have two vlan 10 and vlan 20 

this switch is link to switch DLINK1210-28p

so i need a help why pc don't recive any address from pool vlan 10 ?,

i give scrpit about HP layer 3 and i need answer ASAB 

Highlighted

PLease some one can access with team viwer to have idea about problem swith as preffer 

please i nees answer urgent about switch layer 3 don't give any pool to desktop 

thanks in advance

Highlighted

Aruba-2930F-24G-4SFP# show dhcp-server

Configuration and Status - DHCP Server

DHCP Server Enabled : Yes
DHCPv4 Operational Status : Enabled
Traps Enabled : Yes
Persistent Lease Database : No
Conflict Logging Enabled : No
DHCP VLAN Interfaces :

Highlighted
Contributor I

seems that u don't have configured properly the dhcp configuration... missed some configuration

Please follow these steps and let me know

https://www.networktasks.co.uk/environments/hp/provision/dhcp-server-on-hpe-aruba-switch

Thanks

Mathias Troncoso-Aballay

help me and give me commands missing that allow DHCP switch to give desktop 

i wait to answer urgent 

thanks in advance

Highlighted
Contributor I

you have to create your vlan and assign that vlan the dhcp-server enable