Aruba 2930f (jl262a) and IP routing
07-30-2019 06:05 PM
After reviewing a number of posts - i am a little stumped on the assignment of IP to a trk1 group
- the extended site is MPLS back to a data centre
- replacing a old switch at a remote site
- I have created a trunk (TRK1 and only added port1) and tagged the trk1 into the 2x vlan interfaces
- The vlan interfaces have their required physical orts assigned as untagged.
- the IP to be assigned is a non-routable IP (think 192.168.1.x)
- i have enabled "ip routing" and yet to add the outbound routes to the attached config
My Outcome is to assign a mpls provided IP to the trunk, and have the subnets route out via the trunk. The switch will be opertaing as layer3 and do the intervlan routing.
- if the approach of the trk1 group is incorrect then advise.
- any url links to aruba knownledge base article is welcome
I have attached my config
Re: Aruba 2930f (jl262a) and IP routing
07-30-2019 11:18 PM - edited 07-30-2019 11:21 PM
You cannot add an ip adress to a port (routed interface).
You can add an ip adress to a vlan, and tag that vlan to a trunk, like you did.
Couple of questions:
You added physical port 1 to TRK1, is that correct? is port 1 the physical connection to your upstream router? TRK1 should include the physical ports.
I see TRK1 is not using LACP, is that correct?
Is the other site of the TRK1 interface using vlan tagging as well?
Don't forget to add a default route.
- - - - Aruba ACEX #105 (ACCX, ACDX, ACMX, ACSP, ACEAP | HPE Master ASE - - - -
- - - - - - - Feel free to give kudos or accept as a solution! - - - - - - - - -