Wired Intelligent Edge (Campus Switching and Routing)

This community is currently in a read-only state due to a maintenance window. For more info click here
Highlighted
Contributor I

Aruba 2930m stacked switch backups

We have a couple of switch closets and each one has a couple of stacked switches in each. I use the web gui to download a copy of the config file as a backup. Coming from 3com I would have a file for each switch in the stack. Seven switches in a stack say, seven config files. I wanted to see if the config file I am pulling is all I would need to replace a switch or if there is another way I should be backing up the stack in order to get a config file for each. Appreciate your help.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
MVP Guru

Re: Aruba 2930m stacked switch backups

Hi! an HP/HPE/Aruba hardware based stack (usually called "backplane stack") and a software based stack (usually called "frontplane stack") shares the management plane thus you have just one single running configuration (and such a single configuration file). A stack of seven Aruba 2930M (backplane stack) has one single running configuration which is used to describe the entire stack (member 1 - member 7).

View solution in original post

Highlighted
MVP Expert
MVP Expert

On the 2930F/M you have only one configuration thats need to backup.

See also: https://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/GermanForum/532/1/AOS-SW-Management%20and%20Configuration%20Guide-v16.05.pdf

Kind Regards Marcel Koedijk
HPE ASE Flexnetwork | ACMP | ACCP | Ekahau ECSE Design - Was this post usefull, Kudos are welcome.

All Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor

Aruba 207&305 connect total 6 Access Points withour controller

I have 3 nos of IAP in office, want to add more 3 nos in network. But after adding 4ht its adding, and adding 5th AP, its not adding...

Pls help ... its urgent

Highlighted
MVP Expert
MVP Expert

Re: Aruba 207&305 connect total 6 Access Points withour controller

Be sure the instant OS version is the same on all accesspoints and all access points are in the same management vlan.

For urgent matters please open an Aruba Support TAC case.

HPE ASE Flexnetwork | ACMP | ACCP | Ekahau ECSE Design - Was this post usefull, Kudos are welcome.
Highlighted
MVP Guru

Hi! an HP/HPE/Aruba hardware based stack (usually called "backplane stack") and a software based stack (usually called "frontplane stack") shares the management plane thus you have just one single running configuration (and such a single configuration file). A stack of seven Aruba 2930M (backplane stack) has one single running configuration which is used to describe the entire stack (member 1 - member 7).

Highlighted
MVP Expert
MVP Expert

On the 2930F/M you have only one configuration thats need to backup.

See also: https://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/GermanForum/532/1/AOS-SW-Management%20and%20Configuration%20Guide-v16.05.pdf

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: