Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 6300M / no autostate

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  Aruba 6300M / no autostate

Posted May 06, 2020 08:44 AM

Hi there

Is there any command in ArubaOS-CX like the Cisco command "no autostate" to bring VLANs up even if there is no link up in this VLAN?

thanks

• 2.  RE: Aruba 6300M / no autostate

MVP GURU
    Posted May 06, 2020 10:06 AM

Hi! hope to recall it correctly...on ArubaOS-CX a newly created VLAN is enabled by default (its state is "no shutdown").

• 3.  RE: Aruba 6300M / no autostate

Posted May 06, 2020 11:00 AM

Thanks for your reply.
    But the VLAN is displaied as "Status: Down" until there is at least one Port connected to it. Am I right?

My problem looks like this: I have a bgp connection to a router and as long as the vlan is not "status = Up" it wouldn't be propagated to the other router.

• 4.  RE: Aruba 6300M / no autostate

MVP GURU
    Posted May 06, 2020 11:06 AM

Ah...I tried on a VSX...and automatically a fresh new VLAN is automatically added to the VSX ISL Link...so it appears "Up"; OTOH documentation seems to say a fresh new VLAN without any member port should be "Up" automatically (but...I scratch my head...is "Up" = "Administratively enabled" or is "Up" = "Up because there is at least one member physical/logical interface in Up state"?).

• 5.  RE: Aruba 6300M / no autostate

Posted May 06, 2020 11:16 AM

with "status up" I mean that it is showed UP when I make an "show vlan" command. As long as there is no vlan port up the status is shown as "Down" with the reason "no_member_forwarding".

I know that is the same on cisco switches but there is a hidden command "no autostate" to bring it up even if now port is connected --> like this it is propagated to th bgp router even if there is no device connected in the VLAN. 

• 6.  RE: Aruba 6300M / no autostate
    Best Answer

Posted May 07, 2020 07:13 AM

Yesterday I could verify with Aruba Technician that there is no command for doing this in Arub.

Thaks for your help and your time.

• 7.  RE: Aruba 6300M / no autostate

Posted Sep 11, 2023 10:35 PM

Have you found a solution to this issue? It would be nice to have a "no autostate" option. 

------------------------------
    Chuck
    Network Administrator
    Cooper Farms
    ------------------------------