Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba CX 6300: Will VSF implement the FSU approach?

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Aruba CX 6300: Will VSF implement the FSU approach?

MVP GURU
    Posted Feb 06, 2020 10:45 AM

Hi!

Will the VSF feature on ArubaOS-CX 10.4 implement the FSU (Fast Software Update) as available on VSF deployed on Aruba 5400R zl2?

The question born because I was thinking that having the VSF on ArubaOS-CX 10.4 on Aruba CX 6300 Switch series which is forcing the full stack reboot for every update (full stack reboot = concurrent reboot of all VSF members) will potentially move away all those network implementations where not having at least one member up&running at any given time - and thus also during a stack update - is a real stopper.

I know that using VSX or IRF technologies will solve the issue...I was just asking the above given the FSU feature available on VSF deployed on Aruba 5400R zl2 (versus the non-FSU capable VSF implementations on Aruba 2930F and Aruba CX 6300).

• 2.  RE: Aruba CX 6300: Will VSF implement the FSU approach?

Posted Feb 06, 2020 11:03 AM

This is currently not supported in AOS-CX 10.04; only on the ArubaOS-Switch 5400R as you pointed out. 

Feel free to enter it into the Innovation Zone as a feature request:  https://innovate.arubanetworks.com/ideas