Wired Intelligent Edge (Campus Switching and Routing)

Highlighted

Aruba DAC Cable Compatibility with TrueNAS

Hi Community,

Does anyone know Aruba DAC cable compatibility with TrueNAS X10?

Dinusha Chandrasinghe
Network Engineer -Enterprise System Solution @PlexusGlobal
ACMP | ACSP | ACCA | MCSA
*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*

Highlighted

Re: Aruba DAC Cable Compatibility with TrueNAS

I would guess that if you have Aruba-compatible DACs they work with TrueNAS too. Get some from fs.com etc. and see how they work. I think I've used fs.com Aruba compatible DACs with Cisco/Huawei switches and they work fine.

Not sure why any vendor should have restrictions on what to use within a rack, with other vendors we've just used "Generic DACs" from fs.com and they work fine but Aruba seems to need different cables.

Hope that changes as I've heard that Aruba has lost some bids because of the SFP/DAC compatibility or the prices. Anyways something to do with their strict policy with these.

Highlighted

Re: Aruba DAC Cable Compatibility with TrueNAS

I have checked with TrueNAS also. They don't have an exact idea about compatibility. If I couldn't find previously use case. I have to check with real devices.

Dinusha Chandrasinghe
Network Engineer -Enterprise System Solution @PlexusGlobal
ACMP | ACSP | ACCA | MCSA
*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: