Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba DAC Cable Compatibility with TrueNAS

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Aruba DAC Cable Compatibility with TrueNAS

Posted Mar 31, 2020 08:24 AM

Hi Community,

Does anyone know Aruba DAC cable compatibility with TrueNAS X10?

• 2.  RE: Aruba DAC Cable Compatibility with TrueNAS

Posted Mar 31, 2020 04:55 PM

I would guess that if you have Aruba-compatible DACs they work with TrueNAS too. Get some from fs.com etc. and see how they work. I think I've used fs.com Aruba compatible DACs with Cisco/Huawei switches and they work fine.

Not sure why any vendor should have restrictions on what to use within a rack, with other vendors we've just used "Generic DACs" from fs.com and they work fine but Aruba seems to need different cables.

Hope that changes as I've heard that Aruba has lost some bids because of the SFP/DAC compatibility or the prices. Anyways something to do with their strict policy with these.

• 3.  RE: Aruba DAC Cable Compatibility with TrueNAS

Posted Mar 31, 2020 11:41 PM

I have checked with TrueNAS also. They don't have an exact idea about compatibility. If I couldn't find previously use case. I have to check with real devices.