Wired Intelligent Edge (Campus Switching and Routing)

Highlighted

Aruba OS-CX Switch with HPE Server Compatible DAC Cables

Does HPE Ethernet 10/25Gb 2-port 640FLR-SFP28 Adapter (817749-B21) Support Aruba JL488A or Aruba 6300M support any kind of HPE 3m DAC Cable

Dinusha Chandrasinghe
Network Engineer -Enterprise System Solution @PlexusGlobal
ACMP | ACSP | ACCA | MCSA
*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*

Highlighted
MVP Guru

Re: Aruba OS-CX Switch with HPE Server Compatible DAC Cables

Hi! Even if HPE Server Networking Transceiver and Cable Compatibility Support Matrix (April 2020, 12nd Edition) seems not able to exactly associate (in a 1:1 or 1:many form) the compatibility of that specific Aruba 25G SFP28 to SFP28 3m DAC (JL488A) against any HPE Ethernet 10/25G Adapters (the JL488A is however cited, see last page of the above Support Matrix) I think it is supported by the HPE Ethernet 10/25Gb 2-port 640FLR-SFP28 Adapter (817749-B21); I mean not only because that DAC is cited on the above Transceiver and Cable Support Matrix but also exactly because that specific Ethernet adapter is listed among those "tested" on the ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX Transceiver Guide (8th Edition) May 2020 (have a look at page 81 of 86).

Highlighted

Hi P,

I have posted the same question in HPE Tech Pro Community as well. But I should provide proper support matrix documentation to this project. according to the document, it only confirms the 8320 and 8325 series. Another Problem we don't have 10G copper 24 port switch. 

Dinusha Chandrasinghe
*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*

Highlighted
MVP Guru

Hi!

@Dinusha Chandrasinghe wrote: But I should provide proper support matrix documentation to this project. according to the document, it only confirms the 8320 and 8325 series. Another Problem we don't have 10G copper 24 port switch. 

I think you're referring to the fact the HPE Server Transceiver and Cable Support Matrix doesn't cite the new Aruba 6300/6400...isn't it?

If so please consider that the JL488A is supported on those platforms, it just remain to test a scenario with an HPE Adapter, an Aruba DAC cable and an Aruba 6300/6400...have you asked about that to HPE/Aruba?

Highlighted

Hi Community.

I waiting for either HPE/Aruba for Proper documentation about OS-CX full series compatibility with HPE NIC with DAC. I hope they will provide splitting cable for flexible solutions.

Dinusha Chandrasinghe

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: