Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Swtich:s2500 bridged to tunnel mode issue?

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Aruba Swtich:s2500 bridged to tunnel mode issue?

Posted Sep 24, 2013 02:06 AM

We are using s2500 Series switch.

I have 7 Access points connected to the switch. I need to connect this switch to my other site via Fiber optics uplink .
    GUI.JPG
    I am using GUI interface and from there I am making port from birged to tunnel ( see attached Image “GUI”).

As soon I change the mode from briged to tunnel Wireless Access points goes dead not even powering up.

But when it is in bridged mode Access points are working but fiber link is dead.

• 2.  RE: Aruba Swtich:s2500 bridged to tunnel mode issue?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 24, 2013 06:47 AM

Tunneled is used when you are using the tunneled node functionality with a controller.

What device is on the other end?

• 3.  RE: Aruba Swtich:s2500 bridged to tunnel mode issue?

Posted Sep 24, 2013 07:24 AM

On the onse site we are using 2500 switch and on the other side we are using 3600 controller. Thanks for the concern

• 4.  RE: Aruba Swtich:s2500 bridged to tunnel mode issue?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 24, 2013 08:15 AM

Can you post the output of the following command from the CLI?

show interface-config gigabitethernet 0/1/0

What is your desired configuration? Are you trying to use tunneled-node?

• 5.  RE: Aruba Swtich:s2500 bridged to tunnel mode issue?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 24, 2013 08:20 AM

Putting aside the PoE and Fiber issue a moment, an AP cannot be connected to a tunneled node port. The reason being, Aruba Campus APs use GRE to communicate with their Mobility Controller. Tunneled Node also uses GRE being that it turns a Mobility Access Switch into a Wired AP. When an AP is connected to a Tunneled Node port, it creates a GRE within a GRE tunnel which the Mobility Controller cannot handle.

All that said, the state of a tunneled node port should not affect either PoE or Fiber connectivity however the application you are trying to configure is not supported.

Best regards,

Madani